Should I feel obliged to move in with OH?

pringle88

Reaction score
Need some advice girls!

As the title says really?...

Dan and I have only been together for just over a year so becoming pregnant (whilst on the pill) has been a massive shock. Luckily for me he is over the moon and cannot wait, hes buying things, reading things on the net, giving me space when i need it etc he is being really good however I really dont want to live with him yet

I know this probaly sounds really selfish because he has just as much of a right to be there and see his baby grow up but he wants to move in 2 months before i am due and i just have this feeling that it will break us.

Has anybody else moved in together for the sake of a baby? If so, did it make you or break you?

xx

it will defo make or break you but tbh hun he sounds like the kinda guy that if you both move in you could ask him for space?? am i right??

i mean theres no point in doing something ur not ready for , BUT why arent u ready?? u think its just all too much happening too quick or do you actually just not think your relationship is ready??

imho i needed someone there cos theres times when u just need to hand the baby over for a rest or a snooze etc :) xxx

Thanks for the reply piglet x

I dont know why i'm not ready tbh i just feel like my head is going to explode with everything thats going on!

it's probaly just a mix of hormones and being scared of everything becoming serious!

Maybe I just need to just man up and get on with things...cant stay young and live with mum forever can i! haha x

lol!!!! i reckon ur prob just nervous, the fact baba wasnt planned its prob too much too quick for you!! would ur mum allow him to move in with you when baby comes for a month or two just to see how yous get on??

i LOVE my mum and i still stay at her house at least one night a week (all of us lol) but it is lovely runniong your own house the way you want to and tbh if moving in breaks ur relationship it was never going to work anyway!! xx

yeah your probaly right! haha love the idea of staying at mums once a week... im sure she wont mind!! yeah she has already suggested him moving in to ours for a couple of months just havent run the idea passed him yet! i reckon its the best thing to do though! Ill see what he says, shouldnt be too hard pursuading him! xx

We moved in cuz of becoming pregnant. It has been sooo hard as not just the pressure of the baby, we had to learn to live together n get to know eachother in a new way. First few weeks we really struggled, but we got trough that. We still have big downs now n again but we have made a promise to eachother, we will not stay togheter for our son, but we will fight harder for eachother cuz we have him. If that makes sence.

It's hard, but if your not ready, then perhaps don't do it just yet.. me n my partner sA togheter 2years before Noa came n he didn't want us to live togheger, perhaps this is why we have had it so tough, I don't know. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back