Should I drop a feed???

munchkin1982

Reaction score
Layla is/should be having 3 7oz bottles of milk each day so it says on the formula box. I am thinking about dropping a bottle feed but increasing the other two amounts if that makes sense?

2 weeks ago Layla weighed 19lb 2oz. She will be 8 months old on 24th. I am taking her to be weighed tomorrow where I expect she will have broken past the 20lb mark.

At the moment, Layla has:

8oz Bottle (most mornings has it all but sometimes will leave 1-2oz)
2oz milk mixed with porridge or weetabix
toast or fruit or both if she decides she's shared too much toast with the dog lol

7oz bottle (the last few days has decided not to take more than 3-4oz)
equivalent 120g lunch
equivalent 60g pudding or fruit pot or fromage frais pot

equivalent 120g dinner
equivalent 60g pudding or fruit pot

7oz bedtime bottle (sometimes leaves anywhere from 1-5oz)

So you can see I am a little confused and wondering whether to lose the "lunchtime bottle" and just have say 2 bottles one in morning and one for bed of say 8oz and then she'll still get the 2oz in her porridge giving her 18oz? It's still less than the average 20oz that she should be getting but I figure it is close enough??? What do you think? xx

Last edited:
My lil man (8 1/2 months) has :

Morning 9oz
Porridge/ready brek with fruit and toast

Lunch 9oz
Custard with fruit
Sandwich

Dinner
Veggies/meat and veg/2nd stage pouch
Greek yogurt and fruit
5-6oz

I think I'll keep things as they are but what if you increased morning and evening and only offered 3 to see first? Xxx

My boys are the same. They were on 3 x 8oz bottles (8.30, 2.30 and bedtime) and they have totally lost interest in the afternoon bottle I have now reduced it to 6oz as it was just a terrible waste and they are still not drinking it!! Do you give her the bottle with lunch?

Charleys still on 3 8oz bottles a day and he's 10 months. He won't drop any of those bottles. If she's happy having them then I'd leave her as it is

Thanks girls :) I think i'll still keep it at the 3 bottles for another week and monitor it. Yesterday she had 4oz around lunchtime (I give her her milk first and then about 30mins later her food) and then at tea/dinner time (around 4.30-5.00pm) she has her food and then doesn't have her bedtime bottle until 6-6.30pm depending on how tired she is but she is in bed by 7pm at the latest! Last night however she only took 2oz which is why I am a little confused. She's still asleep now and has slept right through since 7pm last night! xx

little update from this mornings bottle... she only had 5oz and that was a struggle. Used the remaining 3oz this morning for her porridge though which she has eaten (all of) and now playing/munching on some toast... xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back