Should I be worried?

KirstyL

Reaction score
Becoz I am a bit :( Jacob is 10.5 months old and isn't showing any signs of bearing weight on his legs really. He has a jumperoo and goes mental in that, but if we hold him and try and get him to put his feet down, he won't, he just pulls them under him like a little Buddha!
He isn't crawling, has never rolled over, although he does reach for things, but if he can't get them by stretching he just whines until I pass them. I'm getting worried as surely he should he standing by now? I'm not expecting him to walk or anything, just don't want there to be anything wrong with my little man :( I'm hoping he's just lazy! Health visitor next week I think.x

Sent from my sexy iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Yeah best off asking the HV about it hun. Chances are he will just do it all at once rather than in stages and then you'll never get to sit down again lol. Hope he's ok and try not to worry too much :hug: xxxxxxxx

Hopefully he's just a lazy little so and so (typical man :lol:) and there is nothing to worry about. Kids do things in their own time and i'm sure he'll be running you ragged before long!
Good luck with HV :)

They all develop at such different rates, and they focus on one thing at a time so standing/getting around might be bottom of his list atm. I think the fact that he uses his legs in teh jumperoo is a good sign, but I would still speak to somebody if you are worried.

i really wouldn't bother with an HV they are all so vague and useless. I would go straight to gp and see what they say.

Try not to worry though hun xxx

Thanks guys, I hope it is because he's lazy, bless him, and is busy learning other things :) I have to go GP anyway Monday so I'll try and get him in too, it's hard to not worry though.xx

Sent from my sexy iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

hey! i think they can only do things one at a time iykwim? so my lo can talk like a teenager but i was worried about the fact that she didn't move until a couple of weeks ago, when she was 10.5 months

then all of a sudden she started crawling really well and fast which was great, then by the next day she had worked out a 'route' round the sitting room for cruising.

tbh i was worried before she started that she was behind the curve. incidently she seems to ahve forgotten how to speak and now seriously just says ya ya ya and goo.

Boys are funny little things arent they?? i bet that he is just a lot more advanced in other areas!! My friends little boy only started crawling at about 11 months but showed no interest in moving before that!! Maybe try getting him a walker?? We have one that looks like a car which will show him what he can do if he walks or uses his legs?!?! If you are worried tho seak to your hv as they will be able to see if there is anything physically wrong!!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back