Should I be taking vitamins?

sarahk

Reaction score
Hi,

I got my BFP on Saturday and I havebeen taking folic acid since we have been TTCing. Are there any other vitamins I should be taking? I hear too many different supliments can have other effects so I wasnt sure what was safe and recommended?

Thanks

Hi Sarahk,

My doctor's advice was to take folic acid but he did not mention any other vitamins. He said eat healthily, so I would say if you do that, you should be getting a lot of the things you need from a good diet.

I don't eat many dairy products, so I take calcium supplements which I take all of the time anyway.

Mermaid x

Hi Sara
I bought some pregnacare muliti vitamins when I got my BFP, was a bit confused by the packet (it stated to consult doctor before taking if pregnant??!!! :shock: :? )
I took them to my booking in appointment and showed them to my midwife who said they were a waste of money, and I didnt need them. I have been taking folic acid for 12 months anyway, which she said to take until week 14, but as my diet is healthy, she said ongoing blood tests during pregnancy will show if my body is short of anything.

Tried to take vitamins back to Superdrug (they cost £8), and was told they dont do refunds on medicines :( :shock: ) So stuck with them now, but wont be taking them xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back