Should I be taking anything other than folic acid?

muffinferon

Reaction score
As the title says :) I'm taking 400mcg of folic acid but not sure if or what else I should take. Saw the pregnacare vitamins in tesco that have a few different ones, but not sure if itsjust a con and you'd be cheaper buying anything separately.

ive seen those diff ones but so far im just taking the folic acid pills. sorry i cant be more helpful lol

They are all the same really babe I'd get them off your doc plus now you pg you get prescriptions free anyway xx

Hi Hun I take the bump and mum vitamins from sainsburys they have multi vitamins too think it vit b that you should take too xx

I take the multi vit pregnancy care with folic acid and omega 3 marine oil. It's meant to help with brain development.

i was recommended to take homepathic vits from helios online - called ante natal forte. they can be digested by yoir body much better than pregnacare. - my pee was always bright yellow - so goes straight through you. x

Thanks for the replies guys, I went to the doctor today but wasn't offered any bits on prescription. I'll have a look in boots or that and see. The doc says folic acid and vitamin d is the 2 that I should be taking vitamins for, but don't know whether to just go for a combined o
Ne

the only thing i take is folic acid the rest i gain from fruit and veg i ram down my throat. Whatever it is my nails are fab but skin is feeling a little dry.

I know there are some vitamin tablets to take but if i can get the nutriants naturally i will.

I asked both GP and MW and both said folic acid is most important, almost dismissed vitamins really.

folic acid & multivitamins, you get free prescriptions when pregnant, so i'd try getting something off the gp!

if we was meant to take more then folic acid tabs the dr's would have told us all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back