Did you carry on taking folic acid after the first 12 weeks?

Dippy

Reaction score
I finally reached the major milestone of 12 weeks on Saturday, have been taking my folic acid religiously every day, but just wondered should I stop taking it now? If so, should I be taking any other supplements instead??

Hi Dippy

I am taking 'Sanatogen Pronatal'. You can take them right through pregnancy and they give you all your vitamins and folic acid,maybe worth starting on these now :D

Just noticed you are due the same time as me babe xx

hiya, i stopped as soon as i reached 12 weeks & i don't need (at the moment anyway) to take any vitamins or supplements.
with my son i took pregnacare & ended up having runny poo (can't spell diahorea lol!!!) the midwife said i was taking extra iron that was unnecessary, coz i have quite a good diet.

see how you go with a good diet & the usual looking after yourself & if you need any additional vitamins the m/w will advise you. :D

I asked my midwife this and she said that there was no need to carry on taking it as it had done its job by 12 weeks, however if i wanted to finish the pack then it would do any harm either!

hope that helps & congrats on reaching 12 weeks - good feeling isnt it? :D

x

I am pretty sure its fine to stop taking them at 12 weeks, i take mum omega aswell which you can take thru out pregnancy and breast feeding.
congratulations on making it to the end of the first trimester!!! :)

Hi Dippy.. congrats on reaching 12 weeks!!! You'll soon be joining us in 2nd TRi!!!

I stopped with Folic acid at 12 weeks but continued with pregnacare which does have some folic acid in.. I also take zinc, vit c and iron every other day to help boost my immune system ...

Lyn.. where did you get your mum omega from?? I hate eating fish but realise I could do with some omega oils... a supplement for pregnancy would be great as my doc and midwife told me not to take anything that is not specifically for pregnancy...

12 weeks already Dippy!! :shock: That's gone fast!!

Nearly in the 2nd tri!! :dance: YAY!!

I'm taking pregnacare like Anna Marie, and have done since I found out I was preg!

Thanks for your responses guys, I have only got a few more left in the packet so may as well finish them, but I think I will move onto the pregnacare then so thanks for the tip Anna Marie and Sam. Glad you feel time has flown by, I certainly don't!! Guess that must be down to being so neurotic. Got my first scan on Thursday, hoping and praying all is well.

Am due on the 11th November Nikki, I noticed you were put back a couple of weeks when you went for your scan. Are you going back this week did you say??

I have been taking pregnancy vitamins since I found out and Im still taking them and I will until my little girly is born. It also depends on if you have a healthy diet and eating your 5 a day. Maybe speak to your midwife

Congratulations on getting to 12 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back