Folic acid

claire23

Reaction score
I was just wondering are any folic acid tablets better than others? I have been taking cheapish ones since before i was pregnant, is it best to stick with the same ones or is it ok to switch to another brand? i bought sanatogen mother to be folic acid with 18 vitamins and minerals today and now worried if i should take them xx

I don't think it makes any difference to be honest, i bought some Tesco ones and my mum bought me some Sanatogen ones, I was pretty rubbish at remembering to take them, so it didn't make the slightest bit of difference to me in the end

Hi Claire23

My GP prescribed me folic acid. Took the prescription to the pharmacist and told them that I hadnt recieved my exemption card, the lady smiled that's ok dear.

So I was wondering whether she was going to charge, and she didnt. :)

no branding on the package. just reads Folic Acids Tablets BP 400ug

I just got mine from Asda £2 for 180 gp told me it was cheaper than a script! xx

It depends on if need prescribed higher dosage or if u just need the normal amount I'm on a high prescribed prescripttion dosage because of probs last time most women are find with any folic acid 400ug and the vitamins it doesn't matter which type u take as long as u take some x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back