Folic Acid - should I stop takig it now??

Fiona

Reaction score
Move advice needed please girlies.............
now that I am over the 12 weeks -
do I stop taking folic acid ???

And if so, is there4 any other kind of vitamin etc that I should think about taking ??

Fiona

i have taken pregnacare throughout my whole pregnancy it gives u all the vitamins u need during pregnancy

they are down from £4.99 to £3.99 in Boots at the moment.........Bex.x

Ditto the other girls - I take my daily dose of pregnacare as well!!

thanks girls.... don't know what I would do without this forum...
everyone is so helpful and kind

Fiona

I have been taking sanatogen pro natal which has all the vitimans you need for your whole pregnancy and through to breast feeding as well. had to stock up on all the 3 for 2's at boots! Its supposed to be one of the best ones apparently.

LauraKC said:
I have been taking sanatogen pro natal which has all the vitimans you need for your whole pregnancy and through to breast feeding as well. had to stock up on all the 3 for 2's at boots! Its supposed to be one of the best ones apparently.

Aye me too!! It doesnt bung you up either like some of the preggy vits do

pregnacare tablets are quite big and i have a phobia about swalloing tablets if i was to buy them and crush it would that be ok do u think? :? :doh:

Why not just for a brand thats tablets are smaller then hun? :D

they say you only need to take folic acid till 12 weeks but im not taking any chances this time round and am taking pregnacare right the way through xxxxxxx

i take sanotogen pro natal from when we started to concieve and am still taking them now as they are safe to take throughout the whole pregnancy and breast feeding. its personal choice though, the government only says you need to take folic acid up until the 12th week of pregnancy. :D

I too am taking the sanatogen, which has the folic acid in it.......but you can stop at 12 weeks if you wish, as it is to help with the development of the baby and by 12 weeks the development has stopped and it is all about growing and maturing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back