Shocking revelation!!!

kellysomer

Reaction score
I was just chatting to Paradysso on MSN and went onto a weight conversion site to check smiles babys weight, as i dont get kgs and i realised that the weight that i was told isla was when born wasnt right!

When she was born i was told that she was 3.960kg and i didnt know what that was so i asked the MW to convert it to lb and oz for me which she did and i was told 8lb 12. I knew that in her little red book it always said 8lb 11 but hey i didnt mind as its actually so close.

Well i just converted her weight and she was actually 8lb 7!!!!! WTF!!! :think:

Can you all convert 3.960 kg or 3960g for me and tell me i'm not going mad!!! :wall:

hehe and ive just read my red book and alana weighs 8lb 5 even though i have a photo of her on the scales saying 8lb 8..

and i was only partially breast feeding when i dishcarged from hospital, so im wondering what she was feeding on...

plus my babies name is Daniel :rotfl:

I get 8 lbs and 11 ounces or 8.7 lbs i.e 0 .7 of a lb is 11 ounces not 7 - hope this helps

Actually, my sister found the same thing when she had her 3rd baby last year.

Noo it's 8.73 pounds, but remember there are 16 ounces in a pound.

So if you take the .73 bit and multiply it by 16 you get 12 which is the ounces

Therefore 8 pounds 12 ounces

Ok now i really am confused, so they may have got it right then??

:rotfl: :think:

Yeah they got it right. It converts to 8.7lb, but thats not the same thing as 8 lbs 7oz. It's actually 8lb 12oz because there are 16 ounces to the pound, not 10.

Yay well done brainboxes, i am glad they got it right as i dont want to have to change her x stitch in her room and i'm glad all the announcements and other bbaby bboks are right too, yay!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back