Shocked, ecstatic, worried, anxious....

HopesDreams

Reaction score
So I have been posting a lot recently on the TTC section of the forum. Last month was my first attempt at TTC. I was getting a few twinges & symptom spotting like mad, I was driving myself insane. Then AF cramps arrived, I always get cramps prior to AF arriving. She likes to make an entrance! I was disappointed but told myself it had only been a first attempt & to move on. This week the cramps were there again, boobs were sore & I stopped thinking entirely about pregnancy & kept thinking how unfair it was that AF had to arrive on my week off work. I spoke to a member on here & through her advice I decided to take a pregnancy test this morning. I was 99.9% sure it would be a BFN because of the cramps etc. but I thought if I seen that BFN I'd process it, AF would FINALLY arrive & I could move onto TTC again this month.
I done a test this afternoon, got a BFP & done another 1....again, BFP. I'm stunned, genuinely stunned. I was so sure I was causing AF to be late. I was so sure I was out. Then the worrying started, is the cramping a bad sign? Am I going to lose it so soon? I read a few sites, spoke to a few girls & it seems that period like cramping is normal so I've relaxed a wee bit. Now I just hope it's a sticky one! :)

I had slight cramping around af time hun and my little munchkin is lying here looking at me so don't stress. Enjoy the bfp :D xxxxxxxxx

I got my BFP on friday afternoon and had the same hun. I kept getting cramps and even though I had my BFP I still thought AF was on her way! The cramps have eased now so fx for both of us that we get sticky ones! Good Luck!

Congratulations! :) I got my bfp first month too! Its defo a shock! I did artificial insemination with 1 donation so double shock! When they say "all it takes is once" it really does!!

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Congratulations to all of you that got BFP's as well! Are any of you fretting like me?

Congratulations! With my Daughters I had cramping in the early few weeks, it's just things settling in.

With this pregnancy I had some very severe cramps for a couple of hours a few days before AF would have been due - So bad I took paracetamol and ibuprofen, I normally take nothing. I was certain the witch was coming, waited over a week thinking it would turn up (not expecting pregnancy at all as we were avoiding and my cycles have been wacky lately) before I eventually tested.

Congratulations on your BFP :) I had cramping when I got my BFP and slight spotting for a couple of days - around the time AF should have arrived. I learned this was what's called implantation bleeding. The cramping lasted several weeks and even now I still get it on and off but not as much. Wishing you a happy healthy 9 months xxx

Thanks girls. :) I thought once I got my BFP I'd relax. Now I've shifted the goalposts & think I'll relax once the cramps start to become less frequent. I'm pathetic! ;)

Doubtful, you'll probably worry when they do taper off! I know I did.

Thanks girls. :) I thought once I got my BFP I'd relax. Now I've shifted the goalposts & think I'll relax once the cramps start to become less frequent. I'm pathetic! ;)

There is always something to worry about lol :lol: I panicked when I got cramps, then I panicked when they stopped as I thought I was no longer pregnant. And now I think I'm just panicking for the sake of panicking :lol: I don't think I will relax till I've had my 12 week scan and I know everything is going ok! Xxx

Katkin72 - I'm not normally a worrier but since TTC & getting my BFP my mind is in overdrive.

Katkin72 - I'm not normally a worrier but since TTC & getting my BFP my mind is in overdrive.

Yup, me too :roll: we invest so much love and emotion into our babies that I guess it's only natural to worry about the slightest things throughout our pregnancies. Wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months :hug: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back