Shock of Miscarriage

DAJ

Reaction score
Had my first daughter at 22 after 5 months trying to concieve. Perfect bundle arrived other than a stressful C-section, everything was good.

After a year we started trying for our second baby, eventually 2 years later we concieved but had a Mmc at 14 weeks, had to have a d&c. We were gutted as we had longed for our baby for so long.

We started trying again straight away, we couldnt replace our lost baby but we still would love another.

Every month was upsetting and heart wrenching, months turned into years and at the age of 30, we decided to stop actively trying, mentally and physically things had taken its toll. We put all our efforts into enjoying time with our daughter.

That was 12 years ago, my daughter is now 20 and a lovelly young lady of which we are very proud.

So for 17 years we took no precautions and have never been able to get pregnant. Ive been unwell for over a year, and went in to have an Op in August. 2 negative tests (on the pre-op assessment and op day) although my period was due it never turned up, i assumed this was due to the stress of the op. I never once thought i could be pregnant. My op was a success and i was home same day with a month of recovery ahead. After a few days i started spotting and did for the next 6 weeks. Until on the 3rd October i woke up in agony, bleeding and pain like i hadnt felt before. Tried for 2 hours to get rid of the pain, but end up in A&E.

Within the same breathe i won the lottery and lost the ticket! I was pregnant but having a miscarriage! I couldnt believe after 17 years i was pregnant again, (we never thought it was ever going to happen). Mortified.

10 weeks pregnant and i assumed i was feeling so bad due to my op 6 weeks earlier (first op and didnt know what to expect from recovery).

Now im so confused i must have been pregnant when i had my op (we never had any fun after my op) must have just been a couple of days early to get a positive result. But now im desperate to try for another baby, cause ive just been pregnant. But my hubby doesnt want too as hes 47 and feels hes too old to start again with a baby. He says he would have loved our baby if we hadnt lost them, but wouldnt choose to have one now as hes too old.

Im just in pieces, i so want another baby! I just feel empty and sad

I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I think it’s natural after a mc to be desperate for a baby. I’m there just now too.

Maybe try to give your husband time then talk it over? He might feel differently x

What a lot to go through in a short space of time. Maybe if you tell your husband how much you desperately want a baby and give him some time he will come around. I'm not surprised you are in pieces. I'm so sorry you are going through this.

What a journey! I'm SO sad for your loss HUGS - I really hope that DH will come around for one more ride on the TTC train and that it will end up with a positive outcome xxx FX hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back