First pregnancies & miscarriage...

elviedee

Reaction score
When I was up and down from hospital in october, I had a REALLY good obgyn registrar who dealt with me through most of it, and who took the time to talk to me after my op to remove ectopic and before my official outpatients app with the consultant.

Basically, I wanted to speak to her cos I was worried about fertility issues with myself because of first pregnancy ending in miscarriage & now the ectopic. I also wanted to know everything that she did in the op as it was her who preformed it.

During this conversation I got quite upset talking through what had happened and she said to me that 40% of first pregnancies end in miscarriage, many before anyone realises they are pregnant - but it's so because sometimes, your body just can't deal with the rush of pregnancy hormones and the way the body deals with it is to miscarry...

I was just wondering if anyone had heard the same thing? It seems like quite a high percentage... The nurse who was in the room at the same time was in total agreement with the doctor, and said if not 40% then perhaps higher.

I was gobsmacked....40%??

x

its true hun so many people dont even know they are pregnant when they m/c thats why it seems higher if you didnt include those people it would be less but in total its about right.

i dont know why but i believe a m/c is a trial run for your body to get used to pregnancy so next time its knows how to deal with it all, not that im saying a m/c is good far from it just how i see it and im so sad when ever i see someone else suffering it it breaks my heart no one should go through this ever.

sorry getting emotional here thinking but yes such a horrid high number :hug: :hug:

i cant remember the number they told me. to be honest the only realy thing i remember about the nurese after was her telling me how to do a bloody pregnancy test!!! cos i didnt know after doing 4 anyway lol.
it is a shocking number. Until i came on this site i sisnt realise just how many people had to suffer.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I was told the same by my doctor, but even higher he reckoned about 60% because alot don't know they're pg. Like me if we hadn't been TTC I would've just assumed it was a late period as before the BCP I never took any notice of my cycles. Also the body just doesn't know what to do sometimes so micarries as you said.

Still doesn't make it any easier to deal with but at least there was nothing I could do.

I've read somewhere that it's 1 in 3 pregnancies end in miscarriages before women realise that they are even pregnant.

It's only because we are all paying such close attention to our bodies as we are all actively TTC that we are aware of early BFPs.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I can see how it is so high, though i was told one in 5 end in a miscarriage before 12 weeks. - though that's probably an average.

Yes when i went to see the doc about the most recent one, he said 50-60% will have very early losses and not even know about them,

To be honest if i didnt get such early symptoms myself i wouldnt have tested and would not have known i was pregnant but of course because we are actively trying we will know the very second we are!

I was told over 50% of first pregnancies end in miscarriage. I was shocked too. Tracey that is exactly how the lady doing the scan described it to me - a trial run.

My first ended in m/c and also my 2nd :cry:

Was told the same thing actually :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back