1st pregnancy after miscarridge

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
I've just found out i'm nearly 5 weeks pregnant and is so excited but i suffered a miscarrige 10 months ago at 7 weeks and i'm so worried it's going to happen again. Is there any tips on how to prevent another miscarridge??

I'm also pregnant for first time since losing a baby and, unfortunatly, there's not really anything you can do. I've made the decision to do things like not have sex until 12 week scan, no lifting, no alcohol at all etc etc. The truth is nobody really knows why mc happens or how to prevent it! Just try to relax and enjoy!

Hi hon, I'm not sure there is a lot u can do that is proven as Helen says other than make sure u take folic acid was the advice from hospital for me in case that had been the problem so might be worth doing that if ur not already? Hope it all goes well. Wishing you a healthy and happy nine months xxx

Dont do anything strenuous try and take it easy until your atleast 13 weeks thats what i did when i miscarried in september 09, ive been made to rest alot when i get pain. erm u mayb be advised not to have sex by ur midwife or gp until over them weeks.

Other than that hun there is not much else you can do but your less likely to suffer a miscarriage now i know it shouldnt happened at all but i got told after my mc that im at less risk to have another one.

If you wana chat about anything im here an were all here :) x

Hi hun,

I am pregnant now after one previous miscarriage and i totally know how you feel.
although there is nothing you can really do, i found peace of mind in being a bit more careful, less sex or def no hard core sex, healthy foods, early nights, positive thinking etc.

Once past 12 weeks you relax so much more :) x

im now 17 weeks an even though i still get nervous about it its easing alittle bit more now as im 17 weeks almost an you start thinking more positive when youve made them weeks :) x

Last edited:
i m/c my first pregnancy at 10wks then carried my daughter no prob but i just cant relax this one so know how your feeling just take one day at a time relax and dont overdo tihngs xx

i took it easy for the first 12 weeks and no sex. (poor hubby)
i've got to admit i was so worried all the way through but had a beautiful baby boy so well worth the worry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back