• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shettles method??

cosmicgirl

Reaction score
Hi all

Has anyone successfully influenced the sex of their baby using the shettles method or any other method?

Any tips would be greatfully received xxx

Dr shettles has wrote many books and articles about how changing your diet, ph of the cervical mucus and timing of intercourse either before or after ovulation depending of if you want a boy or a girl xx

You know I think I read something about this.... a few years ago. If I remember right it's faviourable climates for boys and girls?

Things like tight briefs and warm baths for the man for one sex and lose boxers and cool dousing of the testicals for the other?

Pre orgasim (Sp?) and post orgasim etc for women. One gives you a more akiline and one more acidic cervical mucus favouring either boy or girl (sorry I can't remember which way round it all is)

I have not known anyone actually try it tho sorry hun! Is it something you are thinking about or have you tried it? x

We considered this as we would love a girl this time and Oh's family is allllllllllll boys but after looking in2 it decided we'll just get what were given, doesnt seem too reliable to me and i wasnt up for vaginal douching, and after all, as long as u r getting the healthy baby you want the sex isnt all that important! x

I haven't tried it yet but was going to. At the moment I am trying to work out my cycle so that I can time bding properly. I have 4 boys so this is my last chance for a little girl - I have to get it right!! Xxx

oh wow....I would be curious to find out how you get on hun! Please let me know!

Good luck in getting your little girl xx

Arrrr thanks miss, hopefully it will be 5th time lucky xx

Well I had two boys - then I wanted a girl, so the only thing we tried was to only have sex once about 3 days before ovulation (had a reg 14 day ovulahtion day then ), and then no more sex again that cycle. So it could take you longer , but well worth it. We fell after just 3 months tho, and guess what had a girl!

We sadly had a missed Miscaridge in march this year , but when we tried again, We really went for it , as I was desperate to be pregnant again. We had nookie before, during , on and after ov day and guess what - we are having a litrtle boy!!

Good luck, worth trying even with a 50/50 chance

I thought the baby's sex was determined at the time of conception!?

I got told if you concieve 3-4 days before ovulation it's a girl and 1-2 days before it's a boy! The month I concieved I was using opk's and we bd 4 days before I got a positive meaning it should be a girl, well she was a he and I had charley so that theory is rubbish!

Sorry to hear about your loss JJmum, congrats on the little boy :)
I think you may be able to influence the outcome but there is always the chance of some cheeky boy sperm getting through. As long as I can try to swing things in the pink direction, that's all I can do.
I'm going to work out my cycle as carefully as I can, bd only 3-4 days before ovulation and nothing else for the rest of the month. Fingers crossed that will work.

I thought the baby's sex was determined at the time of conception!?

It is hun....all this is done to make favourable conditions for either a boy or girl at conception x

Yup...

As the sex of the baby is dependant on the X or Y chromosome the Sperm carries, the method aims to give conditions favourable to which one you want.... i.e. making it easier for girl (X) sperm to reach egg than the boy (Y) sperm....

Not fool-proof by any means though...

we had sex a week before ovulation and i am 80% chance of having a boy they said on scan, so sometimes timings dont work, but then again it was twins to start with and the one i lost could have been a girl then i could have released another egg earlier i suppose, its all a guessing game i thnk but it cant do any harm if you want to try for a certain sex as long as you dont pin all your hopes on it.

That's the thing you see, I have everything pinned on this :( xx

I never heard of it before . Its an interesting theory , but I dont think I would put much faith in it . I wouldn't like to be convinced I was having a boy and then have a girl for example , however I'm a bit extreme and probably wont have a gender scan for the same reason , i would be afraid to be disappointed .. cosmicgirl , the thing to keep telling yourself is that your going to have a beautiful baby and try not to be too hung up on the gender :hugs:

After trying this, I had a gender scan when carrying my daughter just incase a boy, I wanted the time to get my head round having another boy without any guilty feelings of disapointment on the day, which I would hate to feel. I would have been pleased with a boy too actually, but needed to know. Didnt guarentee it till the day tho just incase. I am very pleased to be having a boy this time, as I got my head round it so much last time, that my little Devon (his name then in 2002!), was never born as I got my daughter, and actually a little part ofk me was sad i didnt have him too, so don't worry. When I found out this time, it was a boy, I was over the moon, that Devon is finally coming! funny isn't it

When I tell people it's a third boy, they assume I am disapointed and trying tok put a brave face on it and sound really happy a boy is coming, and I'm not evening out my family of boys, but you know I soo am , it's all perfect

Last edited:
I suppose if I had one or two or even three boys then I might feel differently because I would have another couple of chances left but as it stands I've been blessed with four beautiful boys and really shouldn't be having anymore kids. I just can't admit to myself that I may never have a little girl, but can't believe I'm actually trying for a fifth child!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back