Shettles method....

babyfever

Reaction score
Are any of you trying to conceive a specific sex? and if so do any of you "practice" the shettles method? I'm curious....I would love to have a baby girl, but this method tells you to stop having sex before your ovulation because :

To Get a Girl
Have intercourse 2-3 days before ovulation and avoid intercourse just before ovulation until 2 days after ovulation and when you have peak cervical fluid: The idea is that when you have sex a few days before ovulation, only the X-chromosome “girl sperm” will be left in the female reproductive tract waiting to fertilize the egg when it is released.

I think we're gonna bd tonight anyway....I'd love a girl but I'd love a boy too......

I'm not at all fussed about gender so didn't even think to follow this method?

To be honest if I only had sex 3 days before ov and 2 days after I'd worry I'd miss my egg?? :shock:

xxxxxxxx

I've never heard of that method!

I had sex on positive opk days and have a girl and a boy so not sure about that!:whistle:

Enjoy whatever the outcome!!!:shock:

Boaz

I don't believe this method because I proved itiswrong. my son was born and we only had sex 5 days before ov and not close to ov so boy sperm also lives longer than suspected.

I'm not at all fussed about gender so didn't even think to follow this method?

To be honest if I only had sex 3 days before ov and 2 days after I'd worry I'd miss my egg?? :shock:

xxxxxxxx

I'm with you I'm afraid I'll lose my chance all together.....we have been bd'ing this week leading up to my ov day...and we plan on bd'ing today and after...I was just curious.

i can see only flaws with this. as far as i'm aware there's no difference between x sperm and y sperm

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back