Shes making it so hard!

Tasha20

Reaction score
:( Every night for the past 2 weeks, Olivia get herself all worked up crying, shes really clingy and wont go to sleep until about 11/12 at night.

She making me so tierd and frustrated, she does the same thing every night.

What do I do?

Shes fine during the day and will sleep when she needs to and theres no problems but as soon as the light is out and I want to goto bed she creates and stats getting upset.
:(

Do you have a bed-time routine? What time do you put her down for bed? When was her last nap before bedtime? Are you cluster feeding on evenings, she could be hungry?

yes I have a bedtime routine, She cluster feeds all day has rice in the morning aswell.

I put her bed at 8, but she doesnt go to sleep, she feeds some more and just moans and cries and feeds up until about 11.

She naps during the day and has her last nap at 3ish.

She definatly not hungry all she does is feed all day, shes already had the big growth spurt which was the other week and sinse then she has been totaly different, she wont setlle and its just getting frustrating.

Is it possible that she is over tired? At that age Ellie used to have naps at about 9:15, 11:30, 2pm for about 40mins, and then a nap at 5pm for 1hr. I would let her sleep past 6pm and often had to wake her at 6pm. Then I put her to bed as soon as she finished her 7:30 feed.

I did think it might be shes over tierd but she seems to have enough naps during the day and seems fine during te day until we get to the evening and going bed it all turns into a nightmare.

The only thing I can suggest is that she could be teething :? Leorah gets it really bad in the evening even if she has been ok during the day. I find with every bout (and we have them regularly :roll: ) she will have a couple of unsettled nights and then it kicks in in the day too. At the moment she is permanantly teething though :( Does Olivia show signs of being uncomfortable? Leorah will cry in her sleep and be very clingy and moody and then the dribbbling starts and she starts biting anything she can get her mouth round.

Or one other suggestion is could she be afraid of the dark? Leorah was from birth.

I hope she settles for you tonight :hug:

She does dribble alot, has done for weeks and on a couple of occasions I have given her some bonjela so she could feed and settled fine after that.

But in the evening its not the same, she flings herself back and arches her back, I thought it was wind at first but it wasnt, if she does the same tonight I will give her sime bonjela and see what happens.

I dont think shes affraid of the dark as this has only been happening sinse her growth spurt and we have always had it dark.

Thank you for the replys :hug:

Katt, thats a good thought, Tasha have you tried Ashton and Parsons teething powders? We have been giving these to Ellie since she was around 3.5months.

No I have never heard of them, were can you get them from?

I will have a looky when im next in boots, thank you :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back