Sharp Pains in Pelvic Region - What is it?

Julia

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I am 31 weeks pregnant and this evening I had really sharp pains just below my bikini line - they took my breath away and made me sweat they were that bad. They have stopped now.

It really felt like something was moving down there...could it be the babby dropping? Or wind? What do you think? I am far too early for labour, I know but just want to know if anyone else has had these pains?

Julia xxxx

Hiya.

Feel for you.... I ge them too. the 1st time it happened I asked the midwife and she said that it was the baby moving through the pelvis... oh yes... she is engaging!

Might be what yours is - I assume you have an appointment very soon do you??

Just ask or give her a call.... I have it now and then but i think it's just my little one moving further down.

I have a warm bath when it gets to much for me!

Thanks for your caring reply,

Yes, just about to get into bath! Always makes things feel better.

Is it too early for baby to engage or do they start moving down at this point in pregnancy? (31 weeks).......I only had my little girl just over two years ago but I can't remember!

I am seeing the midwife a week Tuesday (at 32 weeks) so I will ask her. If the pain still keeps coming I will phone sooner. May phone tomorrow actually. I can feel movement down there! it is under my pelvic bone!! Weird!!!!

Julia xxxx

Sounds like LO is engaging, think they can engage at any time really, doesn't indicate when labour will start though as they could engage at 30 weeks and not be born until 41 weeks! I can sympathise with the discomfort though, its not nice. Mention it to your M/W anyway as it will put your mind at ease :hug: :hug:

I have been told the joy of having more than one baby is that your muscles and ligaments arent as good so you get to feel everything alot more intensly too (one of the reasons you fell LO move sooner).

I had alot of stabbing and aching pains in my pelvis at the begining of 3rd Tri as Lo snuggles down ready to come out it can be quite uncomfy and shocking at times when they are ferriting down there!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back