Share your experience.....what can we expect??

Chrissy1

Reaction score
Over the last week or so there's been a few new names arriving in 1st tri (me being one of them)......I was just thinking that some of you old timers could share your past 13 weeks worth of experience with us.

The main questions I have are things like:

What symptoms have you had?
When did your symptoms kick in?
when did you start to show?
What are the main questions you should ask your midwife?
What's the best & worst things you've found about being pregnant so far?
Have you had any cravings?
Have you gone off any foods or drinks?
What can we expect from the next 9 weeks or so?

feel free share your wisdom with us newbies

:hug:

OK so I'm an old old timer :lol:

But it feels like yesterday I was here ;)

Basically rest whenever you can, eat little and often (Mars Bars don't count apparently :oops: :lol: ) and most importantly chill out. It is so scary in 1st tri but worrying doesn't help :hug:
Oh and enjoy it - you'll be the size of a whale soon enough and hating it (I really didn't think I would get to that stage as I so enjoyed being pregnant with my daughter - this time round I can barely move now :lol: )

Huge congrats on your BFP :D

Edit - didn't actually answer your Q's :doh:

morning sickness, tiredness, and constipation
about week 5/6 - sickness went at about week 20, tiredness not gone yet :lol:, constipation went around week 25 to be replaced by the opposite :oops:
ummm about week 12 ish I think but it's my second
what birth options your hospital has etc - but all in good time :hug:
best is knowing that I'm growing a whole person :) worst in 1st tri is other people not knowing why you look like death :lol:
Peanut Butter and Jam sandwhiches...yummy!
went off chocolate in 1st and 2nd tri - it's OK now but gives me the runs :oops: :lol:
lots of fun :D

i've not been sick once in the whole 13 weeks!!! BUT had terrible consitpation until a week ago, stretching pains, headaches, and turned into a bit of a pyscho for a while

Nothing until about 6 weeks

Just getting a wee bump in the last couple of days, but with the bloating/consitpation looked 6 months at times!

Hmm not seeing her until tomorrow, but my main questions will be regarding my birth choices

Worse, to be brutally honest the fear of misscarriage as i'd had two early ones before, BEST BY FAR was seeing bubs dancing about healthy as anything last friday!

fizzy water throughout

cant bear the smell of curry!

Your body to change on an almost daily basis, breasts, nipples, bowels, stomach everything, you can also become uncontrollably emotional

What a lovely idea Chrissy!

Sore boobs, headaches, constipation (at times), piles, tiredness, aching hips, dizziness/lightheadedness.

They've come at different stages really... My first were sore boobs almost right away, all symptoms paused for about 2 weeks until the last couple of days when they're back again.

Seriously... From about 8 weeks! (see my pic in Ask A Mum, you'll know what I mean!)

Hmmm, it varies for different people. I asked if some things that happened to my mum were hereditory, if my psoriasis would be passed down, what would happen next etc...

My scan has been the highlight so far definitely, seeing that everything was ok was such a relief. The worst thing at the moment is my size, can't fit into much of my old clothes and it's a bit of a bother to be honest at such an early stage.

Yes! MILK! Woo hoo (from about 5/6 weeks until about 9/10 weeks and now having it again)

MacDonalds & gherkins, any thick drinks ie milkshake

Again, it varies, but I have no doubt that your highlight will be your scans! (Which I want to see pics of!!)

Hope that helps! :hug: XX

I wasn't actually sick during first tri but just felt awful. Never knew what i wanted to eat, spent hours strolling around the ready meal section in the supermarket looking for inspiration. Couldn't face cooking a meal. The smell of the fridge made me want to heave! My boobs ached and I had alot of lower tummy pain (all the stretching etc) and some lower back pain too.

Probably around weeks 5-6, but the were on and off right up until about 13 weeks.

I knew I was changing from about 10 weeks but probably didn't get a bump until around 14 weeks.

They tell you most things you need to know...just ask about anything you're not sure about. Seek reassurance as many times as necessary, never be afraid to ask.

BEST: Having the scans and being told everything was fine, feeling the baby move for the first time and every time since. Being able to get away with not having to do as much around the house, having a reason to be forgetful, having random people being genuinly interested in you and your baby...of course knowing that we get a beautiful baby at the end of it all.

WORST: the worry that everything is ok. INDIGESTION! No brie or pate! No booze! Struggling to bend over, turn over in bed, can't lie on front, leg cramps, constant weeing!

Nothing weird, just if I fancied eating something, I just had to have it!

Went right off tea / hot drinks in first tri, just wanted really cold stuff. Things with strong smells in first tri made me feel sick, but now I'm not bothered!

Mmnn, probably you'll worry about the first scan, try not to as for most everything is just fine. Your boobs will probably feel sore, you'll get some weird lower tummy and back pains, you might get a sudden pain when standing up too quickly. You may be sick, or you may have no symptoms whatsoever! You'll have days when you feel fine and completely unpregnant, others where you feel so rough you just can't see an end to it. You'll be obsessed with counting the days and weeks and will spend hours on this forum reading about everyone else's experience and stressing if you don't have the same symptoms!

Im a bot of an old timer too...so here goes :)

In first tri - my brain walked out on me...seriously I become so stupid :rotfl: Sickness, cramps, trapped wind, bloating, headache and moodiness :twisted:

Day one! I knew I was pregnant about a week before my BFP - so Id say from conception I 'just knew' like they say you do sometimes

About 7 weeks I started to bloat and by 12 weeks I had a definate bump

I'd say the best piece of advice is....Dont be afraid to ask anything, no matter how silly you think it is or how trivial. Thats what the midwife is there for. I had to write every question I had down as soon as I thought of it as I'd forget :roll: but I always carry a pen and bit of paper now for things like that.

In First tri the best thing was knowing I was growing a little me inside. The worst is mainly the worry of will everything be ok?! Then you have the scan and you still worry for a bit LOL and secondly the feeling and looking sooooo rough :lol: I did get the glow though at about 16 weeks :cheer:

In first Tri I could only eat ice, icepoles, icecubes, ice lollies and rubbish. Im still craving icepoles and icecubes now!!!!

I went off tea, vegtables and chinese - now I like all 3 again :)

Hopefully you'll look better - almost human again!!! YAY!!!! You get those magical first few movements of baby, at first you'll think its possibly wind but then you'll know its your little monkey letting Mummy know he'she is in there :dance: You'll start to grow and show, this is great as you feel that you really are pregnant and people start to notice and you feel all special. You can relax, the first 13 weeks are spent mostly worrying :wink: Things start to feel real in the next 9 weeks or so. It flies by so enjoy it girls

ETA: Oh Im so thick - I thought you meant the next 9 weeks after 13! :rotfl:

xxx

nausia, Extream tiredness!!! really sore boobs, but i count my self lucky im not throwing up all day everyday.

I think quite quickly,sore boobs at about 3/4weeks and all the others around 5-7 weeks.

well im 13 weeks now, and am starting to get a little bump, but im still able to hide it.

No idea, lol, i must go speak to one, every time i see someone its a different person, and they more like talk at me, not too me.

The Best: i love knowing that everywhere i go i have this little person inside me. i love how close its making my husband and i, ive really enjoyed telling people over the last week, and lastly the scans :)
The Worst: I've been feeling really useless and dappy. i do the sillyesy most forgetfull things, its really crazy. and i HATE the enormous size of my boobs.
Im obsessed by eating chery tomatoes and the other day i really wanted a cinimon swirl (i hate pastry usually). but otherwise not really, my food tastes have changed.

I had a sip of diet coke on the weekend....no way i cant drink that no, i nearly puked, and foods...not sure, ill give it time.

Just expect anything that they say happens in the books, just because you dont suffer it now doesnt mean you wont :)
And really take time to ask questions at scans and appointments, i always forget.

Oooo this is fun yah!! :cheer:

Sore baboskas
Nausea
Sickness
lower back ache
tummy aches
Tireness
Not wanting to eat in the evenings
Moodiness, mood swings from very happy to crying to feeling like a moody old bat
Recently sciatica (Ouch!)

When did your symptoms kick in? Around 5.5 weeks started feel Nausea and then it progressed
when did you start to show? Well my mum thinks i am now, and im a bit worried cause the neighbour asked today if i was preggy cause she looked at my tummy but said i was glowing, my tummy is very distended but i have a tendancy to bloat anyway...
What are the main questions you should ask your midwife? Ask early about antenatal classes, what blood tests they are doing and why, maybe methods of pain relief anything u are concerned or worried about
What's the best & worst things you've found about being pregnant so far? The best thing to start was knowing my pregnancy was viable at 7 weeks and then seeing the baby on screen with little arms and legs, priceless! I find the sickness hard sometimes because if im at work i cant tell ppl so i have to put a brave face on, the headaches are sometimes quite hard and i felt soooooooo tired around week 8 or so but apart from that everything is amazing!
Have you had any cravings? Turkey drummers, Milk, cheese, sweet and sour chicken, mounds of ice cold water! lol!
Have you gone off any foods or drinks? Hmm cant manage the thought of curry but it depends how i feel when its put in front of me...
What can we expect from the next 9 weeks or so? Expect the unexpected, expect to feel like u have a hang over everyday but still have to go into work, lots of different emotions, feelings of amazment and honor to be caring a child..

Ok enough of my waffle!! :rotfl:

Lower back Pain, Constipation, Nausea, Moodiness, Sore Boobs, Exhausted and Need to SLEEP/Rest constantly :sleep:

6 weeks

I think about now but that could be the greediness, not the baby :?

Midwife- havent met her yet, first appointment on 29th February - my intention is to just ask her to tell me what she thinks I need to know. I am sure DH will have a long list of questions.

Best - I AM PREGNANT
Worst-I am enjoying it, so I wouldnt classify anything as worst as yet. Not to forget - so much attention from everyone who knows in the family..feel like a queen in the making

Initially it was anything cold, anything pickly - sweet and sour or tangy. Now it is - JUST GIVE ME FOOD!! :rotfl:

I never drank fizzy drinks but have had the need to have chilled coke now and again, I know it is bad but so far must have had 3 cans or so...

Tiredness, fear, toilet, moodiness, zzzinnggg, fear prior to scans, general worry, happiness, desire to control the happiness - This is for me. I think the general expectation is to just get to the second tri happy and healthy

Here's wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!!

Exhaustion, queasiness, migraines (only twice though), sore back and aching bones, weird feeling in stomach when stretching, crying at stupid stuff and pregnancy brain

Probably at the end of week 3 before I got my BFP as I started napping over Christmas during the day, which isn't like me.

Annoying I have only fat. My OH keeps saying that I am having twins :shock: I think it's just because I've found the best cure for queasiness is eating every two to three hours :lol:

My midwife was very thorough so I didn't have to ask much. I did ask her about going on holiday around week 20 and she went through the different scenarios where that may not be possible.

Best - I feel all important growing a little life even though I'm not sure it has sunk in properly yet!
Worst- I was not prepared for the tiredness of first tri. I feel continually knackered. Also we have not really told anyone yet (except a few friends and my boss) so trying to carry on as normal, I'm finding quite difficult - especially at weekends when family are expecting me to do stuff!

Most savoury things especially cheese based stuff :D

I have gone off sweet things in general.

The need to sleep at all times but yet to never feel refreshed :( The exciting, heady sensation that you are pregnant :cheer: The ability to need a wee about 4 times a night and yet not need to wee excessively during the day :think: The desire to creep furtively into Mothercare at every opportunity whilst thinking up excuses as to why you'd be in there in case you are 'caught' :D The weird complexity of being both desperate for your first scan to check everything is ok and also not wanting to go in case things aren't :oops: Buying a Grobag egg and religiously checking the temperature at all times of the day and night, in preparation for when the baby arrives :lol:

5-6 weeks ..spotting, stomach cramps
6-8 weeks ...constant nausea, sore boobs, headaches, tiredness, stomach twinges
9-15 weeks ...some nausea (seems to be when I get a little stressed) extreme tiredness, emotional.

see above

Around 11 weeks

At this stage, make sure she/he explains all the tests, scans and appointments fully. Ask ANYTHING you are concerned about.

Best - telling close friends and family
Worst - the long wait to 12 weeks / first scan

No

Went off Tea, coffee and sweet things til about 14 weeks

Probably a roller coaster of emotions as you either don't think you feel ill enough or you're feeling too sick and tired.....but there's usually light at the end of the tunnel....Oh and an overwhelming urge to buy buy buy for your LO.

sickness, nausea, heartburn, and absolutely exhausted.
7 weeks
9 weeks
anything you are worried about.no question is a stupid one especially if you are worried about anything.
best. is being pregnant again
worst. sickness all day and the fact that baked beans make me want to throw up.
not really as i cant really eat anything due to sickness.
tea makes me sick and I used to love lemon and lime flavoured water but now it tastes like paracetamol!
To change daily, you will always notice something different about yourself. Also the scan is the most amazing thing-so If you do have a bad 12 weeks then it ll seems worth it as soon as you see your baby for the first time on the screen-nothing can prepare you for that feeling its amazing!!!!

xxx

What symptoms have you had?/When did your symptoms kick in?
Tried - week 5 to week 9
Large Bleed - week 7
Sore boobs - on and off

Felt larger around week 9 and roundness started to show in some clothes

Pass - haven't met my midwife yet? Don't see her until 13+5

Best was finding out i was pregnant after such a long time!
Best + was seeing babys heart beat for the first time
Worst is not fitting in clothes properly

Mashed Potato with fried onions and gravy

Anything minty

For me its been a rollercoaster, one minute i'm happy the next i'm scared because i fell a twinge or something and wonder if everythings ok. Will be glad to have my dating scan at 13+4 and hopefully i'll feel better again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back