What foods should you avoid

Loulabele

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Ok i could probably do some research online myself, but i just thought i'd let some of you experienced folk share your knowledge and educate some of us less intelligent folk :D

Just wanted to know what foods should we avoid - i'm just 4 weeks.....but i don't want to take any risks...

Many thanks.
Lou x

Raw eggs I believe along with soft cheeses, pate, shellfish (but I thought someone said it's ok to eat prawns - I haven't yet until I'm sure) peanuts (Especially if the Mummy and Daddy have alergy related illness like Asthma Excema (sp?))

There are other ones but all I can remeber is Shark (rather unlikely for me) and swordfish (which is a shame :( .)

Oh you can't have Sushi ( :cry: )

But according to these lovely ladies you CAN eat Chunky Monkey Ben and Jerry's ice cream!! :clap:

That's a start anyhow. :cheer:

Oh, sorry me again, you can't have undercooked meat either so rule out all rare & medium steaks :cry: :cry: we have to have well done instead NO PINK! :(

Shell fish is meant to be fine as long as it's well cooked.
I have been eating prawns

Thanks v much ladies, and thanks noodles for the link :clap:

Lou.

soft cheese is fine - it's only blue cheese you cant eat like stilton. Cheese spread, mozzerella and all of that is absoloutly fine - it's the mouldy stuff that's the problem!

When you say some chees eis fien and other ain't. Is Cathredral City ok?

sam08 said:
soft cheese is fine - it's only blue cheese you cant eat like stilton. Cheese spread, mozzerella and all of that is absoloutly fine - it's the mouldy stuff that's the problem!

I believe I read that you can't eat soft cheese such as brie etc. I could be wrong. :D

Dream_Catcher said:
When you say some chees eis fien and other ain't. Is Cathredral City ok?

Isn't that a hard cheese like Cheddar? If so, its ok I read. :dance:

My GP told me that any cheese with a rind on, such as brie, camembert, some goats cheese etc. are the ones to avoid - it's because of the bacteria that grows in the rind. Cheddar and the like are all absolutely fine.

And liver should be avoided, because of the high vitamin A content (also anything with liver in, such as pate) - not a problem for me, I can't stand it anyway! :puke:

If you look on my blog at the very bottom theres a full list of safe and unsafe foods. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back