#shannon Mathews found alive

I'm sure I heard on GMTV this morning that maybe she wanted to run away and wasn't abducted at all, and that they will be asking her if she wants to go home. Could have heard wrong though :?

You can carry on now Ive slept :lol: :lol: :lol:

I havnt had time to read anything about this case but it does seem odd that she isnt back with her parents yet.....I hope its not a con....cant even think about the consequences of that on other cases!

I'm going to watch BBC news later and catch up with whats happening. I wonder why she can't go back to her family? If it was because the man she was found with is the uncle of her step dad you'd think her mum and step dad would be at eachothers throats not stood outside kissing :roll: I'd say to him "sorry but you need to move out and get away from us till this is sorted out" then she might be able to have Shannon home again? :think:

They said lastnight on the news that Shannon might not even realise she has been abducted :shock:

In my head that kinda fits with the scam theory. Tell her to shes going to spend a few weeks with that bloke so she doesnt worry and then they can pull there scam. I dunno but somethings not right :think:

If Shannon was at risk from her immediate family though surely they would have taken away Shannon's little sister too and put her in care until this is all sorted? :think: I saw the family on TV earlier going to the police station for more questioning and the step dad was carrying Shannon's little sister in his arms.

:think:

... something weird going on- there might not be a logical explanation for it though! What do they calll the condition some parents have when they shave their childrens heads and tell people they have cancer?? Not all of them do it for money...

Munchausen by-proxy

or something to that effect? :think:

inforabumpyride said:
... something weird going on- there might not be a logical explanation for it though! What do they calll the condition some parents have when they shave their childrens heads and tell people they have cancer?? ...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

seriously, there have been loads of stories about it. some do it for the nice holidays and stuff that people give them but some just do it for attention.

its very weird.

I think M-By Proxy is in relation to lying about a childs health i'm not sure t would cover pretending they had been kidnapped to get money - i think that comes under plain stupidity and greed :)

:rotfl:

i admit when i heard she had been found alive I had a few tears- just felt really relieved for the family... if I find out they were lying I will NOT be happy... those tears could have been shed for another useless reason!

Sweetcheeks24 said:
I think M-By Proxy is in relation to lying about a childs health i'm not sure t would cover pretending they had been kidnapped to get money - i think that comes under plain stupidity and greed :)

:lol: Yeah. Eminems mum had that by proxy thing didn't she :think:

Do you think they would pretend she had been kidnapped? Its hard to comprehend isn't it :think:

I find it hard to believe that someone would do that to their own child but I have to say the police's reaction and not returning Shannon straight away has made me feel that there is more to the story than meets the eye.

It's difficult cos I am one of those people who don't like seeing fingers been pointed at parents cos I think about the pain they could be already in with a child missing but I am questioning them. If it was my child I would be smashing my way through the police station in order of being reunited with my baby if he had been missing for 3 weeks :shock:

I know but all we can do now is speculate. It will all come out soon enough though.

Sweetcheeks24 said:
I find it hard to believe that someone would do that to their own child but I have to say the police's reaction and not returning Shannon straight away has made me feel that there is more to the story than meets the eye.

It's difficult cos I am one of those people who don't like seeing fingers been pointed at parents cos I think about the pain they could be already in with a child missing but I am questioning them. If it was my child I would be smashing my way through the police station in order of being reunited with my baby if he had been missing for 3 weeks :shock:

Im exactly the same! If Lily had been gone 3 weeks and the police had found her Id be camping outside the police station and banging down the door. I dont want to just assume it was the parents I didnt thing that to much until they found her and the poilce have kept them seperate. I dont think anyone will know until the police say so

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back