shall i introduce another bottle? Help

LISAMJS

Reaction score
please can i have some advice. I am bf by day and given 1 bottle at noght. At night lo goes 4 hours after bottle then wakes every 2 hours sometimes less. He doesnt always want food as sometimes i try him and he is not interested. when he is not interested i give him his dummy and he goes back to sleep fpr 30 mins then wakes again for a feed. He always sleeps with a dummy so i dont think that is the problem as he has always done this since 7 wo. I am so tired and am seriously considering giving another bottle at night. Any advice please?
he is on cow and gate hungery baby was in actimal 1 but that was no good

I don't know what to suggest hun! Have you tried co-sleeping? Maybe spending 15 minutes in the dark giving him a big cuddle and try and settle him again?

If it isn't food he's interested in, then I don't thin another bottle is necessary? :think:

I'm no expert though, so hopefully one of the other girls will give some advice! xx

Not sure how old your LO is but when my HV discussed with me about giving a formula feed at night/bedtime she said to make sure it was not hungry baby formula but just normal stuff. She said something about breastfed babies then being given hungry baby as a one off was not a good thing as its thicker and heavier and they simply take far less of it than normal formula but then will be hungry again as it digests as normal. It confuses baby's digestion system and its better to go with something thinner (ir regular formula) as breastmilk is.

Hungry baby formula only really works if baby is formula fed not breastfed she said. I never tried the nightime/bedtime feed anyways. Stuck to breastfeeding.

Are you sure it's feeding related? Could he be getting too much sleep during the day and therefore only dozing during the second half of the night?

well i have been thinking and i think it is the bottle that is causing the problem as he has had very bad wind (bottom half) since starting the bottle in September and only does a poo every 8 days so am going to stick to breast now. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back