Sex life after baby has arrived

minikins

Reaction score
With four years TTC, my sex life with my hubby was routine and not very exciting and we were litterally have sex to make a baby and not have fun. It had been a long time since I really enjoyed things in that area but got used to it as I wanted a baby so much.

I thought after Dom was born we would have hardly any sex due to lack of time, soreness and tiredness and I thought when we would it would be a quick experience and due to lack of sex in my pregnancy (Hubby was worried about baby and not turned on too much by a preggie lady - fair enough). However, I am pleased to say I was totally wrong about how things would turn out after Dom was born.

Since Dom has been born my husband says he is now more turned on and as he sees me as a mother and that is more womanly for him and he likes my body more (he must be mad!!), he also feels more relaxed as we are not TTC so the pressure has now gone. There is also a new element of excitement now Dom is here, we have to snatch a quick bit of time when we can and it's like sneaking around and being naughty (sorry if TMI). I am feeling so much more positive now in this area because my hubby is so our confidence is now growing.

Sure I don't feel like it all the time, sometimes far from it, but I feel more sexy now as a mother than I ever did before. Granted, I did not feel up to it for a few weeks after Dom was born and you should never feel pressured into it by a partner to start early.

So my point of this thread is that there is sex after the birth of a baby and if you want it, it can be better than ever, so it does not have to end if you don't want it to and you never know your partner will hopefully be more relaxed about things too.

I agree minikins, our sex life is better than ever after having a baby and it has really surprized me as whilst pregnant i had visions of never doing it again as we wouldnt have time etc!!

I've lost all interest in it, :(
feel bad for hubby, he thinks i look sexy, but i feel frumpy with stretch marks and leaky boobs that are like boulders! he said i am more of a woman now.
hope it gets better - as i am still finding it sore
:?

Like I said in your other thread, I am so pleased you have raised this subject, because I thought our sex life would go out the window on a permanent basis as a result of having a baby and it is so great to hear your take on things.

You have made me feel better about it all. I am really looking forward to doing things without my bump getting in the way!

Sarah W Baby Belly said:
Like I said in your other thread, I am so pleased you have raised this subject, because I thought our sex life would go out the window on a permanent basis as a result of having a baby and it is so great to hear your take on things.

You have made me feel better about it all. I am really looking forward to doing things without my bump getting in the way!

Well the whole thing does make me feel better about my stretch marky gut ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back