My baby doesn't like other babies !!! HELP !!

minikins

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Basically about 2 months ago, I noticed that every time a baby cried or shreiked in happiness Dom would cry too and often get hysterical. I think this is common to happen every now and then but it's every time and now he is getting hysterical.

It's strange as I have regulary gone to baby groups so it's not like he has no idea what they are.

The thing is it's getting embarrasing now when I meet up with mates and now I am starting to put things off or leave early if I see him getting upset. Groups are supposed to be good for babies etc, but he is happier with adults.

Sami & Sarah Belly know what Dom is like as when I have seen them, especially Sarah as Dom has really gotten upset when we have met up.

I try to distract him etc and that does work but I don't know how to stop him crying in the first place.

Any ideas? This is starting to get me down now and I am not enjoying trips out with my mates with babies because I am constantly dreading their babies crying so mine doesn't start and it's not their fault babies cry that's what they do.

ARGH !! LOL

it's probably just a phase he is going through! maybe you could get some of your friends to bring their babies over (so he is in his own environment) and explain to them that he is being funny with other babies and see if he relaxes after a few times?

xx

Yeah I have tried that and you are right he cries less at home as he feels safe. All my mates know I make a joke out of it now so it does not seem like a big deal but it really stresses me out still.

Bloody phases ;)

Hi Minikins

Is it just babies screaming that makes him cry or all loud high pitched noises? Could his hearing be sensitive or something?

Other than that I'm not sure. Have you tried bringing other babies into the house? Is it just when you're out?

Hope it gets better soon - he's such a cutie!

Louise

LouisecH said:
Hi Minikins

Is it just babies screaming that makes him cry or all loud high pitched noises? Could his hearing be sensitive or something?

Other than that I'm not sure. Have you tried bringing other babies into the house? Is it just when you're out?

Hope it gets better soon - he's such a cutie!

Louise

Hi Louise,

Funny you should say that it's also high pitched schrieks too, when babies scream in excitement etc.

When he was newborn his hearing test came out fine and recently I took him to the docs as I thought he had earache and all is fine.

I think you may be right he is just very sensitive to sound and I have to keep perservering etc as I think stopping taking him to groups is not the way to go.

Fingers crossed if he get used to it should stop. Is it very quiet in your house? It is here especially when it's just me and Zara and she can get overwhelmed when we go out. She doesn't cry but loud noises make her eyes go like saucers (example: :shock: )

Yeah it is quiet just Dom and I in the day, I keep the radio on in the back ground or I would go mad etc but I think you are right he just finds it all too much sometimes.

Very sensitive chap like his mummy!!

My niece is 2 and hates babies crying if Abi or my nephew cry she'll cover her ears and shout stop it shut up shut up or will leave the room and start crying herself, not much use to you but thought i'd let you know you're not alone :)

Manda said:
My niece is 2 and hates babies crying if Abi or my nephew cry she'll cover her ears and shout stop it shut up shut up or will leave the room and start crying herself, not much use to you but thought i'd let you know you're not alone :)

Manda I love you and your little Niece - am so glad it's not just Dom !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back