Severe spd

Milliejoy

Reaction score
Hi I am currently 17 weeks pregnant and am suffering with severe spd.its my 5th child,I had it really bad with last baby but this time it started as soon as I got pregnant!i am signed off work got support belt and crutches but in really bad pain.really worried it's this bad so soon.has anyone been induced early or been offered c section due to spd?just don't know how I'm going to cope

Are you seeing the physio? I've been referred to hydro sessions at the hospital which are helping me a lot.

Thanks for your reply.i have been to physio and unfortunately she said she cannot do any exercise with me as it's so bad and the more I do the worse it will be.she could only advise to rest as much as possible and use belt and crutches!

Please do not accept that physios advice. There is things that can be done to help ease severe Spd, in terms of manual therapy. It will not get rid of the pain, but it will help ease it. You need to try and find a chiropractor or osteopath who work with pregnant ladies.

I have had Severe Spd with both my pregnancies. Last time it started at 12 (ish) weeks, and by 27 weeks I was in complete agony. This was when I was signed off and started seeing my chiropractor. She honestly kept me mobile, as without her I am sure I would have ended up in a wheelchair. This time I started seeing her at 7 weeks pregnant (pain started at about 6 weeks), am now nearly 34, and have only just been signed off work, and only just started wearing my pelvic support band.

Take a look other pelvic partnership website too. They have lots of good info on there too.

Take care
Em x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back