September Babies

I'm waiting for my scan letter. Nothing much new to report here. I'm as big as a whale already and my back is killing me!

just checking is symtoms coming and going is that normal ?

I don't know but mine do. Worries me a lot sometimes but I guess I just have to get used to things freaking me out :lol:

Well my boobs aren't tender at all
I've had no spotting
my nausea is minimal (for now anyway. I'm keeping fingers crossed that it stays minimal)
the only thing consistent at the moment is my backache.

Xena said:
I'm waiting for my scan letter. Nothing much new to report here. I'm as big as a whale already and my back is killing me!
Xena said:

Im having awful backache too...already!!! Though im not surprised,im not sure if im the only one who actually has their contractions in their back instead of tummy when in labour!!!!

Bump appearing here too...tho i think it appears bigger cus it has a layer of flab over it lol

hi milena :wave:

well I got my scan date letter through this morning. 10th March. woo I'm excited :cheer:

eugh we told MIL last night and her reaction was less than lovely. pfft.

xena i jus tried writting on ur post and it didnt work. but i said omg y is she being so horrible to u ?? :hug: :hug: omg i want my letter jus wanna say 8 weeks today :dance: :clap: :dance: im so excited this moring lol how soon after u went to the doctors did u get ur letter

you mean scan letter? I went to the doctors on 14th Jan and got my letter on 31st Jan, so a couple of weeks.

You'll get it soon don't worry :hug:

im just my worried il get letter in a few weeks lol n i wanna book a holiday for the end of the month lol oh well il jus be patiaint lol. y was ur mil sooo mean to u i thought my mum would be like that but she was the oppisite its so sad some one could be like that towards u :hug: :hug:

goodness knows what she was thinking. It was as though my baby would ruin her life or something. blah

where are you thinking of going on holiday?

no where far jus spain or tenerife jus for a little break as we was to busy last year to go away so we are taking two this year lol well hopefully anyway depends if i can change my holiday in work lol

Hi all, I'm due on the 25th.
I always go overdue, and end up being induced, but my birthday is the 28th so I'd love a birthday baby!

We are due in sept but I am totally confused about the due tate calculation.

The date of the first day of my last period was 03.12.2008 and that is what I have been counting from but when I went for a scan - early because baby's dad was being posted with the army and we wanted him to be present for just 1 scan - they said that from the size of the embrio it was 6 weeks and 1 day (on 30.01.2009) So date of conception must have been 18.12.2008. So do I calculate my weeks from date of last period or date of conception????? I'm confused :?

Also they then told me that my due date was on 24.09.2009 but surely that means that they've added 40 weeks to 18.12.08 instead of 38?????

Somebody help me please!!! Maths was never my strong point!

Okay. When you have a scan, they give you the number of weeks pg you are as from two weeks before conception, just like if you calculate from LMP. Otherwise it'd be really confusing and you'd keep having to add weeks and stuff. So really they're saying you conceived around the beginning of January and acting as if your LMP was the 18th Dec. But don't worry if that's impossible - it's hard to tell at this stage and babies grow at different rates, so chances are they'll adjust back again. So yes, they're adding 40 weeks - the full gestation - to the 18/12/08. It is really confusing I know, but they do it like that to try and make it less complicated lol - go figure.

They do calculate from your period so they add 40 weeks to 3rd Dec coming up with your EDD.

It depends whether they means the age of the EMBRYO or the pregnancy as there is always a 2 week discrepancy (e.g. I am 7 weeks PREGNANT today - 7w since my last period - but my baby is only around 5w old - conception is approx 2 weeks after period)

THe thing is, this early it's usually hard to tell embryo size, usually when you go for your 12w scan they are able to 'date' the embryo (e.g. tell you exactly how old it is, correcting the estimated age that you calculate from your last period) so maybe you actually conceived a bit later than the 2 weeks after period that all doctors assume and the foetus is a bit smaller than they would see at this stage.

I really don't know, but either way I am surprised they tried to date the baby this early?

Don't worry yourself too much over it, at the 12w scan they will date your baby and give you a moer accurate EDD.

By the way my hubby is army too :wave:

welcome Bec78 and Ocean Star :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back