Send positive vibes my way pls - Sleep Training AGAIN!

LaineyG

Reaction score
Well tonight is the night.

We start sleep training AGAIN! Some of you will have seen my post a few months ago about sleep training Mhairi, and it really worked. But then the inevitable happened, she got ill and mummy got paranoid and brought her into her bed :wall: :wall: :wall:

So over the past few weeks things have got really bad again!

Tonight the bedtime routine starts again and sleep training will be put into practice, only this time with a much feistier/strong willed/tantrun throwing/stubborn daughter than the last time!

Oh, and to add to it all I have the cold, and I think my daughter has mastered the art of crying so much she pukes :roll: :roll:

Woooooohooooooooo! Great fun in our house tonight! :talkhand:

Good luck hun!

Oo and any tips on how to do it are gratefully received! James is a bugger at the mo and wont sleep without mummy. We had a couple of nights were we thought we had cracked it but last night was terrible again. :(

Jen&James said:
wont sleep without mummy.

This is our problem too Jen. I haven't helped matters though, I guess I've been feeling a bit threatened with a few things that have been happening with regards to my ex, so it's been my comforter to have my baba in with me and to know that I am the only one that can settle her!

But that doesn't make for a rested mummy or baby, so it can't be good!

I'll update you all in the morning......and Squig, I hope the sleep thing is better with you and lil miss!

I kept myself really busy when i did it and focussed on the outcome-a solid night's sleep for EVERYONE. I was cleaning/texting/online chatting etc to distract myself from the crying. If you've done it before then she will revert to what ever settled her last time.
With consistency it works so be strong and remember you're doing it for her and you, all she is doing is learning how to get to sleep that's all, when she's older she'll let you know she's a bit cheesed off by swearing/sulking/rebelling/getting drunk (only joking!) so be thankfull it's only crying you have to cope with!
Good luck and if you feel like caving in get on here!

Well.......she's asleep!

2 stints of 5 minute screaming, just about to start a 10 minute stint and she's off!

Might go to my bed now in preparation for the looooooooooong night ahead!

Here we are!

She woke at 11:45pm and I put the dummy back in and she went back to sleep instantly. Then she woke at 1:30am and the fun began. I did 5 minute stints 2 or 3 times, but then I noticed that she was going quiet during these stints, so I decided to go for a 10 minute stint (something I wasn't going to do on the first night!) after one 10 minute stint I went back in, settled her (but at no point lifted her) and she went to sleep!

That took about a full hour to get her back to sleep. This morning, at 7am I had to go in and waken her!

And........I got a HUGE smile and cuddle when I did!! :D :D

Round 2 tonight!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Glad to hear it went better than expected Lainey!

Well I dont know what happened to my little man last night - I think the sandman must have made a stop at our house cos he slept from 8.30pm til 7.30am this morning!!

I feel like a new woman!!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I just :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: that it continues!!

That's fab Jen! Maybe it was sleepy baby night?

Glad you got some sleep and I hope it continues for you!

Remember I'm here if you need me......I'll be the Resident Sleep Training Guru by the end of this! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Cheers Lainey, I shall definitely be taking you up on that if last night was a fluke!
:hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back