Semen results

Amber8

Reaction score
So DH got his results today, they said he has a sperm count of 49 & a motility rate of 49%. Doctor is going to phone him back as this was just the secretary so couldn't answer any questions, but said it was normal.

Can anyone help? Are these results ok?

not sure hun but someone will be able to answer for you........just glad you got results back and know what's what now xxx

good to hear they said normal though.......such a reassuring word!

Yes very reassuring but not sure how much a secretary knows so will feel better once gp has explained.

Xx

hopefully someone else can tell you on here hun then it'll ease the suspense a bit for you xxxx

They're absolutely fine. Well into the normal range and nothing to worry about

Thanks scotch egg, just didn't understand the 40%?

xx

this is what I found online, Hope it helps:
Normal Sperm Count Morphology Motility 20 to 150 million/ml 40% 20%What does sperm count mean?Sperm count refers to the amount of sperm per milliliter of semen collected. The amount of semen per ejaculation can vary quite a bit. Anywhere from less than a milliliter to 6 or 7 milliliters is considered normal. The test will then look at how many sperm are actually in the semen. As listed above, anywhere from 20 million per milliliter to 150 million is considered normal.What is morphology?Morphology is referring to the shape of the sperm. The sperm will be analyzed to see how many are shaped and formed properly. Normal results are about 40% or better shaped correctly.What is motility?Motility describes the movement of sperm. What will be looked at is how well the sperm move. What they want to see is if sperm are moving progressively forward, not in circles or sluggishly moving sperm. A normal result is at least 20% of the sperm showing progressive movement in a forward direction.

Thanku baby fever that is useful & backs up what gp has said.

He phoned back tonight to confirm DH sperm is very strong so no worries on his side, just me to sort out now.

Xx

hey hun im really pleased ur results came back good! really hope ur tests can progress forward now to find out whas going on xxx

Me too Bellarina, just need my 21 day bloods now so waiting to ovulate. Hope ure ok?

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back