Sperm test results - any experience?

Helen

Reaction score
Hi

OH and I are waiting for the results of his sperm test. He took his sample in on Tuesday, but on Friday the doctors surgery rang him to say that the doctor wanted to have a phone consultation with him about his results.

Is this normal, or if all is ok would it be normal for the Receptionist to give you the ok? What is the doc likely to say over the phone? Surely if it is bad news they wouldn't deliver it over the phone, would they?! :shock: But then, if it is good news why do we have to wait for the doctor to give it?

Has anyone been through this before and can offer any clue?

Thanks

H

xx

Hi Helen,

I was a medical receptionist for 2 years and telephone calls like the one you are expecting were quite common. Basically when results or letters come in to the surgery they are opened and left for the appropriate dr to view. The dr looks at each one and will either write "file" on it, for us to put on record on the computer and file in the patients chart. If a patient telephones for results we then look on computer and give out the information. Occasionally results or letters will come back to us to telephone a patient to arrange a time to phone to speak to the dr. Nine times out of 10 it's nothing to worry about, just additional information or explaining something in more detail like new medication etc. If it was possibly more and required a lenghtly consultation the dr would just ask to make another appointment. Basically asking for a telephone consultation is frequent. Try not to worry, I know you will anyway but I hope this makes it a little easier.

Take care,

Bev x x

Thank you so much, Bev. You've really calmed me down. What a star!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back