Seeking Advice on the what ifs!

Busybee23

Reaction score
I'm 25 not looking to conceive currently. I am on the pill, and my boyfriend also makes sure to be careful with condoms! We had sex on 25th August and I got a withdrawal bleed on the 10th September. However it was lighter and shorter than usual and it was the first time I had put two pill packs together but it panicked me at the thought of pregnancy! I've taken several pregnancy tests 19-21 days post intercourse and had a blood test at 20 days post all of which say negative!. Is it possible to have a HCG <7 at 20 days after intercourse AND a short withdrawal and still be pregnant? Can I trust all the clearblue negatives? I know the chances are minimal but the constant fear is real!

I think you can relax and trust that you're not pregnant.. Using 2 forms of birth control will have you pretty covered! I'm sure taking 2 packs back to back won't have had an impact on its effectiveness (may even explain the lighter bleed?) Assuming you had intercourse around your fertile phase, taking a test 20 days after should give you a positive result on a pregnancy test, the fact you've had bloods to confirm compounds it even more. Stop worrying - you'll drive yourself insane :) I would be VERY surprised if you were pregnant x

Thanks KateK, I'm not sure why I can't relax on this! Is it even possible for it not to have shown up on bloods or tests in that time? The Internet has some scary stories which I'm trying not to put stock in! I just don't want it to show up in a week :wall2:

Possible for it not to have shown on a test but not bloods - hcg has to be present in your blood for you to be pregnant and it starts being produced as soon as the embryo implants itself (around 7-10 days after conception) so if your blood test 20 days after intercourse was negative then i'd definitely trust that you're not pregnant :) Hope you're able to move on soon - I know how all-consuming it can be! x

I used to run 2-3 packs together when I was taking the pill. When you first start running packs together after taking them the usual way (1 pack then a break), they can mess up your period. Even after missing one pill I always had a light bleed, then i'd take the next one as usual the next day and the bleed would stop either that day or the next. I think it's honestly just messed with your cycle a bit. If you've had a blood test etc done I'm sure you're fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back