Second SA result

Dee28

Reaction score
So i picked up the SA print outs from the GP today, what the hell is wrong with GPs! It turns out that the motility isn't the problem (first test 84% normal motility, second test 69%) but it's the morphology that is - first test 2% normal forms and problems in all sections of the sperm, second test 3% normal forms and it is mainly the head that is the problem.

The count has increased from 13.9 million to 22.6 million so not amazing but certainly an improvement. I'm not sure what to think really, given the count isn't really high this is still a problem for us but at least most of them are moving which gives me some hope. I can't beleive the GP told us the wrong information, bloody idiots! Feedback please from others with low morphology, i'm so stressed out i need some positive stories! xx

Ohh gosh that sucks.......oh had his first test - got a phone call and was told to repeat the test as the resilts had all come back really really low. had second test done and results were fiven to us at our fertility appt and it turns out that all results were way above average! stupid gps dont know alot to be fair!!!! not really the same as u but i feel for you! :dust: xxx

Its amazing how wrong the GPs can get it. I don't have any helpful info but the fact that most of them are moving is fab. My OHs is only 25% motile x

GP's are crap at times.

I've been waiting for test results after MC in April, heard nothing so rang EPAU who said the results had been sent to my doc in MAY and they should have called me.............:wall2: Going on Friday morning to discuss the results.

What happens now Dee??

Gosh cases that is truly awful, such lack of patient care is appalling. As for us I'm not sure, DH has a gp appointment on 6th August and I'll ask him to suggest a urology referral and a further test in a few months time to see if all the vitamins etc have had any impact. We have a fertility clinic appointment in October but given we won't get any treatment I'm not sure how useful that will be, especially as the focus tends to be on the woman. If nothing has changed by then we're looking at giving up and hoping for the best or paying to go private and not sure which way that will go xx

Hey hun I've just done a quick google search on sperm analysis and ,if I'm reading it right, it states that 'normal' sperm which allows a women to get pregnant has a morphology of 4 % or over. So your hubby isn't that far off. The link is below. It's great that both his count and morphology have increased, those vits must be working! I know the other girls have said it a million times but remember you only need 1 little sperm to do the job X x x

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semen_analysis

Thanks Naomi xx I've googled many similar things myself which give me hope, if we can increase the count the 3% isn't so bad but the count is still a bit low to offset it, feel more positive about today x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back