Second misscarriage in 5 months

Discussion in 'Coping with Miscarriage & Loss' started by rachel50, Feb 9, 2012.

1. rachel50

rachel50 New Member

This week I had my second miscarriage (both just shy of 6 weeks), I am now back at work and trying to get on with things as much as possible.. I had my first one and took it very badly but this time it was almost as though i was expecting it to happen. I feel so lost as to why this has happened again and doctors wont test me until I have another.. I dont know if my heart can take this pain again.. is this common.. how did it happen.. so many questions.. before I thought it was bad luck but now it has happened again I am totally over thinking things and thinking this was down to a reason. :( has anyone been through the same and has went on to have a healthy pregnancy ?

Any comments much appreciated xxx

2. claire5439

claire5439 Member

i know someone who went through quite a few losses and now has a one year old girl.
    i dont know if this is any help, no one should have to deal with this, its awful.

3. CARNAT22

CARNAT22 Well-Known Member

There are several women on these boards that have had multiple losses and have gone on to have a baby or are currently having a healthy pregnancy!

I hope to join these women soon!

Sorry for your losses hun - 3rd time lucky hey?

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

#3 CARNAT22, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  4. laurat

laurat Well-Known Member

Im sorry honey , Ive been through one mc and it was truely awful! I think its rubbish that after 2 they dont start to do some investigation. Its so hard now but a positive is you know you can get pregnant! Take time just now honey! Big hug!!! Xx

5. CARNAT22

Sadly most NHS trusts won't investigate until 3 losses?

I had 3 m/c's before I was referred.

By all means rachel go and ask your GP if they would be willing to refer you to a recurrent miscarriage clinic? Sometimes they will refer you after 2 losses (I think you have to be over a certain age though?)

There is no harm in asking

xxxxxxxxx

6. claire5439

claire5439 Member

NHS are crap in my opinion. Find it suprising how they just how little they actually know about miscarriage or stillbirth. its just crap, people should be able to get more answers.
    sorry im just quite angry at the moment.

7. rachel50

rachel50 New Member

Thanks guys ! Appreciate your comments ! I have recently found out that my Mum is Rhesus - blood type and if I am the same (which i'm not sure of) this can also affect your baby and maybe cause miscarriage? Im maybe just looking into things too much trying to find an excuse.Not good... I think im alot better this time round as im determined to find an answer, I have a scan next Friday to check everything has passed fine so I will be asking many questions then and keep yous posted, thanks again guys xxxx

8. Spinneygirl

Spinneygirl Well-Known Member

Sorry for your losses hunni, ive had 2 MC's and am 5+2 weeks pregnant, so dont give up hope xxx

9. dyscochick

dyscochick Well-Known Member

Rachel I'm s sorry for your losses, you and claire have been through so much clearly and noone should have to go through it. I know its cold comfort but part of the problem lies in us, there is so little discussion about mc. Its so painful we hide it, time and again, such that i had no idea who had had an mc of my friends til i did and talked about it openly and honestly and i still do. But so many people understandably don't want to talk about it. WIhtout that there is no publicity, no money and no research. As someone who works in research i know that you go where the money is, sad but true. And the sad sad fact is that so many people can go on and have healthy pregnancies even after 3 mc's that it not considered a priority. I hope with all my heart that happens for you girls when you feel strong enough to face trying again.

10. rachel50

rachel50 New Member

Thanks Spinneygirl... I hope all goes well for you and wish you luck xxx
    Thanks Dyscochick... Very true what you are saying.. I tend to bottle things up completely unless I can speak to someone who has webt through the same as I feel like im banging on about it or people dont understand what a loss it feels to yourself :( I really do hope I get some positive feedback after my scan.. will keep yous all posted.

Thanks Girls xxxx

11. Emmalina

Emmalina Well-Known Member

I used to work with a girl that had 5 miscarriages and went on to have a little boy who is healthy and happy, hold on to the positive stories. Look after yourself hun and dont even think about being hard on yourself xxxx

12. dyscochick

Rachel don't bottle it up, use this as a vent, it really helps and it doesn't matter how long after your mc, some of us have been hanging around for months :hug:

13. Hope81

Hope81 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to see so many new faces in this section of pf. Me and dysco and many other girls we are here for more than 9 months. I wouldn't have make it without their help. Talking about it is a big part of healing process. :hug:

14. beanster

beanster Well-Known Member

so sorry you are going through this. It is awful and having to wait and see if it happens again makes it hard. I had 3 mc over a year then my 4th little bean stuck and she is happy and healthy 6 month old. Try not to give up hope x

15. CARNAT22

I love stories like this!!!!

Did the 4th bean need any 'assistance' to stick?

xxxxxxx

16. beanster

No assistance needed to stick, just lots of hope.

17. dyscochick

Thats fab to hear beanster, lovely to hear good news stories in here for a bit of encouragement. So pleased it worked out for you, going through 3mc's must have been tough. x

18. beanster

Think what makes it hard is that there are no reasons for them, which we have to try and turn in to a positive cos it means it might not happen again.

19. babyg

babyg Well-Known Member

Sorry about ur losses hun, big hugs, take care of urself xxx