Quetion RE: Misscarriage

Graeme

Reaction score
My wife and I have been trying for a baby for over 2 years and she fell pregnant in September, due to a misscarriage 10 years ago (with previous partner) we had an early scan and saw the heartbeat everything looked great, that was at 7.5 weeks but when we went for the 12 week scan, she had lost the baby (apparently a week after the first scan). So although 10 years apart she has had 2 miscarriages in a row now, does anyone know why this might have happened, how we can stop it happening if we ever manage to get pregnant again or what the chances of ot happening again are. I forgot to say my wife has the most rare of blood groups and she is 32 don't know if that makes any difference. Things are quite awful at home now and I'm not sure she could cope with it happening again.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum and sorry for your losses.

There could be many different reasons for the MCs. Unfortunately many couples have MC and never find out exactly why it happened. MC with first pregnancies is quite common although that wont make it any easier to cope with. The good news is many also then go on to have several healthy children.

Usually until someone has suffered 3 MC in a row, Drs are reluctant to look in to the causes because its fairly common. I'm not sure there is anything you can physically do to avoid a MC. Hopefully it wont be long before you are both expecting again and it will be a case of 3rd time lucky. If it isnt then your GP may refer you for some investigative tests to see if there is anything obvious causing the problem.

If you or your wife want any support, you are always welcome here :)

Last edited:
:hug: I had a mmc last month, I went to my GP last week who I found really reassuring, Apparently the newish stats (not that they really help) are that 90% of 1st pregnancies miscarry, whether this could be applied to new partners I don't know.

I am also rhesus negative, and got given anti D to protect future pregnancies, so it may be worth asking if she got ths first time round, but when I bought it up as one of my concerns (I entered the GP's with a great long list of qu's :lol:) she didn't seem so, just asked about if I had had the anti D
Hope this helps, and I have found this forum great for concerns and ranting, it has made my journey a hell of a lot easier.

I hope things settle at home for u, I know my husband found it difficult too

Thanks, to you both. Rowesb, my wife has now had the Anti-D after she had the pregnancy removed but no one has said if that protects us in future or anything about how long it lasts. I know she would have it at certain mile stones during her pregnancy now it has been identified and I hope it stops this happening again. Thanks for your advice and support.

Last edited:
it is a one off thing through each pregnancy, I think, usually at the end to 'mop up' any antibodies in case the mums and babies bloods have mixed

don't worry about the help, adice given ad questions answered really helped me x

I can't add any more than the girls already have :(

I am sorry for your loss and hope next time you can have a sucessful pregnancy x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back