Hi ladies

misskaren

Reaction score
This is the first time I have been on this page :)
I had a miscarriage on August 19th
I'm hoping to get pregnant again soon, however we're barely trying :( but you never know huh?
I'm really worried I'll miscarry again. We were told it was just one of those things. Our baby must have given up hope very early on as I should have been around 10 weeks but the development was far from it. I'm getting very worried as this isn't my partners first miscarriage - he had one around 3 years ago and I have been reading about sperm being to blame and hereditary matters.... Is it possible for my partner and/or me to have chromosome abnormalities but both our parents didn't?? and if this was "just one of those things" how common will it be that it CAN happen again?
Also I had my period last on 22nd October - but it was late - it was due on 16/17th October so does this mean my cycle has now changed or should I expect it on its usual date?
Sorry with all the questions, its just I have sooo many questions and no one to talk to about it :cry:
I wish everyone the very best :pray:

Hi im sorry for your loss, the dr's dont normally investigate untill you have had 3 miscarriages as it sadly is common to miscarry. Ive suffered 2 miscarriages this yr and Dr just told me i was unlucky, im now nearly 18wks pregnant and am hoping that ill be meeting this liitle one. Hopefully you will have a healthy pregancy when you fall pregnant again :D :hug: :hug:

Hi Miss Karen, the 19th of August is a date I'll never forget either, one because it's my 11 year olds b'day and two in 2006 I went into hospital on the 19th August for an induction because I'd lost my baby at 17 weeks, huge :hug: 's.

I was told 1 in 4 pregnancies end in m/c so it is very common, I know thats not much of a comfort but it did shock me to discover that the ratio was so high when I lost. So bear this in mind. You've also come to the right place for support :hug:

As for your cycle, I have no idea tbh, I'd go and talk to your doctor and ask :)

Hi Karen.

I was terrified to start trying again after my first but people informed me that it was a completely fresh start: different sperm, different egg: clean sheet.

It is theoretically possible for either of you ot have genetic abnormalities but not your parents, but to be honest, miscarriages are so common I wouldn't read too much into your partner's one.

They say 1 in 3 first pregnancies end in miscarriage (who are 'they' exactly...?). It might just be bad luck. But like you, I would be worrying about it all the time.

Good luck with ttc again and hoping for a sticky bean when it does happen for you...

hi hun sorry about your loss :hug: :hug:

after 1 miscarriage the rate goes from 5% to about 18%
after 2 that jumps to 28%

(just tried looking for the link but cant find it....am pretty sure on them figures though but head is fuzzy tonite)

I honestly dont know if thats a factor hun, i lost but mine were different fathers which leads me to think its me.

take care x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back