pushchairs - arrrgh!

lisaloo

Reaction score
Ok so I feel like ive been researching pushchairs forever.
As soon as i see one I like, I google, read the reviews and they're terrible!
There's no way I cant afford all these swanky expensive pushchair systems, but i dont want one thats going to fall apart either!
I do quite like the Graco mosaic, but not sure, ive never had a graco before....
Here's the link:
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-U...Graco-Mosaic-One-Travel-System-Chilli(0084022)

The other one I liked was the loola but thats a bit more expensive and its got a few bad reviews too and is said to be quite heavy and cumbersome.

Whats everyone else getting?

I want a travel system where I can either clip the car seat straight onto the chassis or the pushchair itself (which i can with the graco)
Even better would be for it to also be rear facing and forward facing. (which the loola does)

ive given up looking for the night now, im sure ill be dreaming of pushchairs tonight!

Last edited:
I've had a Loola, and yes they an be quite heavy up kerbs and getting ino the car but they're not THAT bad...the only reason I sold it was because LO got too big for it quite quickly, he was about 15 months and his shoulders were getting wedged. He's not even broad shouldered, I think the seat is just too small.

Have you thought about eBay? You an get ome really good pushchairs second hand x

Last edited:
Yeh I read about that aswell, it being small. It has to be new, OH is a bit funny about certain second hand things and he's made it clear he wants a new pushchair x

I know what you mean! i have eventually decided on my travel system. I ended up going fo rthe mamas and papas urbo elite with the cybex aton car seat. Originally this would have been way out of my price range BUT mamas and papas currently have the urbo elite reduced to £249 (from £399). When you go on the website and click on the urbo elite there is also another "offer" on that page saying you save an additional £50 when bought with the cybex aton car seat. However, when you try to purchase the 2 together the total comes to £389. I rang mamas and papas and they said that this offer was no longer valid with the reduced urbo elite but that they would honour the offer as it was still advertised on the page. So the total was £339. Also i was infomred by them that they will be having further sales in June/July.

I know how you feel, I researched and researched, and although we love thè one we have chosen, I can't help but still look at others!

What sort of budget do you have?

We got the Mamas and Papas Sola for £350 including carseat, which clips onto chassis. Plus, the sola can be used from birth so no need to buy a carry cot. It's got great reviews too.

Although we did buy ours when it was reduced in January, I often look on their website and they often have offers on so it's worth looking. xx

I think the best thing to do would be to just go to mothercare or somewhere, tell them your price range and the features you want, then see what they can offer! Have a play around with them, see if they will let you try it in your car, ad then go fom there. Yo could even be cheeky - do that and then look to see if you can find the one you decide on any cheaper online!

I think the best thing to do would be to just go to mothercare or somewhere, tell them your price range and the features you want, then see what they can offer! Have a play around with them, see if they will let you try it in your car, ad then go fom there. Yo could even be cheeky - do that and then look to see if you can find the one you decide on any cheaper online!

I don't know if they still do it, but I'm sure when we were looking, mothercare were offering a price match scheme where if you find it cheaper online, they will sell it to you for that, so it's definitely worth looking into whethe they are still doing that x

I got the mamas and papas zoom travel system with carrycot, normal buggy bit and carseat for under £400. It is really compact lightweight and dead easy to set up and use. I can't wait to use it.

I've been looking at pushchairs, even though its far too early to be buying one, but it is driving me crazy! I really want a travel system too, but the one I had my heart set on doesn't fold down small enough for the boot of my car. Dad told me to buy a new car...if only I was that rich! Problem is, my nearest mothercare is about a 3 hour drive and ferry ride, so I can't just go and double check it won't fit in the boot. Grrr x

Its frustrating isnt it! Thanks for the ideas girls im going to look at those 2 pushchairs mentioned. Budget is atound £300 max tbh, but it has to sing and dance for that price! LOL x
I really like the look of the Petite star Kurvi match - not sure about the size of the basket tho, and its the top end of my budget. Other end is the petite star aruba - great reviews, travel system where you put car seat on the pushchair itself, and is only £150 car seat included. Im confused! I dont know what to get!! x

Looked at those two pushchairs i really like the sola - argh too many choices!!

what do you think about this? worried about the basket but LOVE everything else - really like the purple one in this but not sure if its too girly and i dont know what im having yet x

edited again to add - DAMNIT i forgot i need a buggyboard too - anyone know what kind of pushchair is needed for them? will it fit on the bk of the kurvi match?

Last edited:
I'm having a buggy board nightmare ATM too, DS will be nearly 2.5 when bubs is born, so prob too little to just walk everywhere. I don't want to fork out on a double, but neither of my buggies will support a buggy board :brat:

I got the mamas and papas zoom travel system with carrycot, normal buggy bit and carseat for under £400. It is really compact lightweight and dead easy to set up and use. I can't wait to use it.

Snap lol we got that one oo and we love how it is lightweight and moves so easily we didnt mange to get it for under 400quid but got couple freebies so cracking deal xx

We love the Sola and are going to buy it in the summer sale.

As for reviews pushchair trader do reviews and have a living with section where they review pushchairs long term. Some fab reviews on there. :)

I have a Sola it's really the best one for us. The only flaw is you can't fold it one handed but that's hardly ever necessary, you also have to switch it to forward facing before you can close it down. I thought it felt quite heavy too but looking at newborn baby buggys it's one of the lighter ones.

i went in and had a good look at the Sola today - and i have to say was pretty impressed with it - until i came home and read the reviews about how alot of people have had problems with the wheels and the seat falling back and stuff. Not sure now.... plus i think near on £70 for a bloody footmuff is absolutely ridiculous!

I'm having a buggy board nightmare ATM too, DS will be nearly 2.5 when bubs is born, so prob too little to just walk everywhere. I don't want to fork out on a double, but neither of my buggies will support a buggy board :brat:

I just wanted to say we used a Maclaren double stroller when my little ones were small , there was only really one "Buggyboard" make in those days and we used it fine with the help of thse elasticy bungee things, you use them on car roof racks? is you know what I mean, (with hooks at end). We got two smallish ones and linked them up and wraped around buggy board attachers/sides of pushchair, just round and round Wonce. and bingo, just kept it on perfectly, up kerbs and down etc, never had to take it off! Might be worth a try for you..

Also is your little one a sleeper when in pushchair? as mine used to end up falling asleep standing up and you had to catch them and then try and get baby out and swap them for the todler as lighter to carry!!!:oooo: You can get a seated buggy board now I see - I'm hoping I can get preg again to have this quandy myself!!

ive heard about these seated buggy boards - im going to have to google to see what they look like!

Im thinking about just getting a zia 2 from babies r us - its nothing fancy but has great reviews, lies flat and is suitable from birth. Thinking if i get just a bog standard black then i can pimp it up with buggy snuggles! haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back