Second baby after losing 2.5l blood with 1st?

Baby2sky

Reaction score
Hi does anybody here have any experience of a massive (2l+) post partum hemorrhage? Did you have the same with subsequent babies? How was your labour managed? How do you cope with the deliberating fear that it could happen again (or worse)?

Please help I'm so so worried about this all.

I lost alot of blood after my first not sure how much as the stupid doctor underestimated and nobody noticed until i almost passed out. With my second i was extremely nervous of labour and after but i neednt of been as the doctors were extra watchful of me and i was put on a drip to contract my uterus straight after i gave birth. I had no complecations after my second thank goodness.
Speak to your midwife about your fears and try not to worry they will be prepared if it was to happen again x

My sister in law does with her first and didn't happen with her second. She's pregnant with third now so she is higher risk and for now has to give birth in hospital.

I lost nearly3 litres during my emcs and had transfusion with a g a
Whilst in recovery , i had the anaethatist and doctor talk to me and advise me that a natural delivery in future is not advised- due to how I ruptured and the way they put me back . Not sure how I feel tbh kinda worries me that I could hemorage again in theatre so I think I would need to be reasurred before before getting pregnant again . Of course I know you can predict what can happen !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back