PPH

blonde18

Reaction score
Hi ladies, i dont post on here that much but i do come on to see how your all doing in your pregnancies.

I've just scared myself a bit really looking on google about PPH - postpartum hemorrhage, which is what i had when i had my first baby. I dont remember that much of it really, but i know it ruined the experience a little because my baby had to be taken off me minutes after the birth and gas and air was shoved in my face which i had managed without in the whole labour. lots of doctors came in and everyone was panicking. i had to have more things attatched to me and a catheter and it was just awfull. Has anyone ever had one and not had one with their second baby? I'm told there is more of a risk now i had one once. have you any idea what causes them, coz my placenta was out and nothing had been left in there or anything. Im really worrying now coz i really dont want another one. :(

xxxxx

Sorry hun, I've never heard of this before. Have you spoken to your midwife/doctor about it?

I guess if you've had it before they'll be more aware this time?

Hey, I also have never heard of it either, there's got to be someone else on herethsts had it, I hope someone can shed some light x

As far as I know they are usually random, but I would think that for next pregnancy they would include blood tests to see if there are any issues with you blood's ability to clot properly and they would make it clear in your notes that your labour should be managed with possibility of PPH due to previous history of it (i.e. with your first labour).

It may just have been a fluke, part of your placenta may have been attached to a larger blood vessel and when it detached it did some damage.

Definitely something to discuss with Midwife when the time comes, but try not to worry, oddly, the fact that it has happened once means things can be done now to prevent it happening in future.

Lxx
(Former student Midwife)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back