Sebastian George 25/07/12

MelissaLindley

Reaction score
Well my lovely little man is 5 months on Christmas day so thought if I'm going to start a journal I'd better get on with it!

So here goes....

I live with my husband who I married in 2010 and we have been together for just under 10 years.
We started...lets say not obsessively trying but not using any contraception in the September following our wedding and I found out I was expecting in November 2011 (so took 13 months)

My pregnancy wasn't too bad but I was signed off work at 27 weeks due to tachycardia.

My waters broke at 2am on the 25th July (8 days overdue) and I woke my husband to tell h he didn't have to go to work that day....he was doubly excited as he needed Some time off and he'd be getting his baby soon plus he would get to watch all of the Olympics lol.

I was asked to go straight in and my contractions started pretty much straight away in the car. To cut a long story short my contractions were a minute apart and lasting a minute for 16 hours!
I wanted a water birth but the pool was in use so I settled for a bath and 2 paracetamol.
I pushed for 2 hours but he wouldn't budge so I had and episiotomy and a vontouse delivery and finally got to meet my beautiful little man who I was convinced was a girl because I secretly proffered a boy.

6u9ygy7a.jpg

arybu7ev.jpg

unuda5ud.jpg

u5uzany5.jpg

I tried to get him to latch for the next 24 hours with the assistance of the midwife but he was having none of it and then ended up with urates so he had some formula. At home he still wouldn't latch so I began to express but had a rubbish supply and only managed to collect enough throughout the day for one feed that was breastmilk and I did this for 3 weeks before I decided to just ff...I had some guilt issues for a while but I think I'm pretty much over it.

tatare4y.jpg

unyqudyt.jpg

7y4e6ata.jpg

Then the madness began..we went to longleatvwhen seb was 10 days old for my dad's 50th then we were due to go to Greece when Sebastian was 7 weeks old (booked before I became pregnant) so I managed to get him registered and have his passport in my hands before he turned 4 weeks old!
I spent the next few weeks stressing about the holiday but we had a brilliant time and Sebastian slept on the flights.....phew!

buvyhyte.jpg

najyja4a.jpg

uzypu6uz.jpg

ty7yvyze.jpg

uta2yhyh.jpg

2y6ejehy.jpg

The day after we got back from Greece we moved house....more stress!

I had a little blip of anxiety after this but it seems to have gone now and will hopefully stay away.

Sebastian decided to start rolling over at 16 weeks so I spend most of my day flipping him back as he cries on his front lol.

So here we are 19 weeks later and looking forward to our first Christmas as mummy and daddy!

subymyme.jpg

amedu4eg.jpg

ajeqepuh.jpg

X
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Wow you did well to take a newborn to Greece. Glad you enjoyed it. We have a weddinf in Cyprus in June and Im already wondering how we will cope.
Well done on your little man - he is a handsome boy x

Currently stuck on the sofa with a sleepy seb. He's had lots of naps today and has actually managed to finish his bottles today which is also unlike him so I'm guessing a growth spurt?
Only problem is he only wants to sleep on me which has made washing the pots last all day and there's still a huge pile :(

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355158902438.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355158902438.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 4
Well I attempted some sort or routine yesterday as we have never had one....I suppose I just went with the flow as he had slept through the night from 7 weeks.
I normally just take him up to bed with us at 10:30-11:00 ish but I thought I'd better start a proper bedtime.
I did bath bottle and in bed for 7:30. We had to go up a few times as he started crying but was easy to re settle so was obviously tired enough to go to bed that early...phew.
The only problem I have is fitting in his feeds with a shorter day as he doesn't take much milk as it is....bottle at 8am then about 1pm then about 6pm and normally at 10pm before bed so I'm wondering if should do a dream feed or not?
He never finishes any of the 7oz bottle I give him and if I offer them more frequently he just refuses them grrr!

What to do??

de2a5ebu.jpg

3a5unajy.jpg

4e8aqeru.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members