George Ellis Shipham 14.10.2008

Tracey S

Reaction score
Sorry its taken a while to post my birth story but here it is....

I was booked in for a c section on the 14th due to my 2 previous sections and also my history made me high risk.

We got to the hospital at 8 am and got ourselves settled while we waited for the theatre to become free. We were supported by a lovely student midwife who attends the SANDS group where I go once a month, she was so lovely and really helped us through.

We were taken up to theatre at 11.30 and I was taken in and my OH went to put his scrubs on and waited for the spinal to be put in. The anaesthatist had a bit of trouble getting the needle in and it took about 4 attempts before they were satisfied. My OH came in then and the op began. It took quite a while to get to the baby because of all the previous scar tissue but George was born at 12.38 pm, unusually for a section baby he cried as he was being delivered, but it was just the biggest relief for me and I burst into tears, it was like 3 years of heartache was just washed away in an instant. He weighed 5lb 15oz and was absolutely perfect.

Again it took quite a while for them to stitch me up again and we finally got back to the ward around 2pm. I was ok until they decided to sit me up, suddenly my blood pressure plumetted and I began to feel really unwell, I was sick and felt weird and detached, i just slumped into my pillow and even opening my eyes was a struggle. I ended up back on a drip to try and get my BP stabilised. And all this was happening in front of lots of visitors!!!!

Then the surgeon came to see me to tell me he had pricked his finger with a needle sewing me up and would i agree to blood tests to make sure I hadn't given him anything nasty :shock: and the next day they told me I had to have a blood transfusion because my levels had dropped so low. - its a wonder I had any blood left the amounts they had taken out of my arm!!!!!

Anyway I got over all that and we were finally allowed home on Friday, we have been much better since we came home, George is such a good baby, he onlly wakes in the night when he wants feeding and seems a sweet natured little thing. My only regret is that I had to abandon breast feeding. George has quite a severe tongue tie and he just couldn't latch on properly, but he seems to be thriving on the bottle and his feeds are picking up now.

I have managed to post a pic...here goes
003-1.jpg

Tracey xx

congrats hun i bet he is well worth it :cheer: cant wait 2 see pics

CONGRATULATIONS

Glad you are home safe and well.

Congratulations! :cheer: What a gorgeous little man you have there!

All the best,
Sarah x

he's gorgeous :D well done and enjoy your little man :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111