Sea Band Mama travel bands for sickness

Jacq23

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Sea Bands travel bands for morning sickness? They work on acupressure.

My set just turned up and I tore the packet open and put them on straight away. I am hoping they are going to help but wondering if it is just a mental thing - as in I have them on so therefore I will suddenly think I feel less sick.

Thoughts and experiences?

Oh and my tub of Preggie Pops turned up too - phew!

i still use these on and off, and like you said i think its a mental thing but they do seem to help! xxx

I bought some at the weekend but they didn't help but I do a bit of acupuncture so going to needle the pressure points tonight and see if that helps x.

They didn't do a damn thing for me :( x

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

they do work, but you really have to get them in just the right spot so that they are putting pressure on the correct place to control the nausea! so if you find they are not doing anything at all, adjust them slightly around the area where the button bit is meant to go.

I wondered if mine weren't applying enough pressure as I have ridiculously thin child like wrists??? Anyway going for the needles tonight to see if that works :)

What are preggie pops? My sickness is literally only coming in the morning! It's coming with a vengeance though.

Perhaps mine were in wrong spot but didn't feel they worked for me.

What are preggie pops? My sickness is literally only coming in the morning! It's coming with a vengeance though.

Look up 'Preggie Pops Drops' on Amazon: they are sour sweets. They temporarily knock the edge of the sickness for me.

Not sure but I think I may have found a spot that works for the bands! Well I only have one on today and the sickness hasn't been too bad. Either they are working or the sickness is beginning to subside :)

I bought the Boots version the other day and they've been working for me, only downside is that as no one knows at work yet I can't wear them without having long sleeves on but as it's sweltering in the office as we have no air con and the building seems to suck in heat so I couldn't wear them today, been feeling really rough without them!

Jenny I have the same issue - can't wear them near anyone who doesn't know! Frustrating!

Well I have tried wearing them since my nausea hit me, but I can't decide if they do anything. It is very slight if they do work- but acupressure is very specific and maybe I have not got the right spots. As you say wearing them in work is not an option as they attract unwelcome questions.

I will persevere- see if I find the magic spots x

They helped me in that when I was wearing them I puked a lot less, but still felt green all the time. It was a god send to have a bit of a break with the puking though, so I loved mine.

Apparently, the right spot is easily found by putting your thumb and little finger together and follow that line.

Yes, a few people said they knew I was pregnant at work who spotted them, but tbh, no one said anything til I came clean so it didn't matter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back