Sciatica anyone?

EssJayPea

Reaction score
Have a shooting pain from my bum all down my leg to the knee.

My mum's a nurse and said it sounds like my sciatic nerve. I'm in agony!

Anyway, whinge, moan, cry :'(

Anyone else experiencing this? Xx

I've experienced it on and off throughout pregnancy

It bloody hurts do I feel your pain but there is a good chance you won't have it constantly as a lot of it is to do with how baby is lying.

I've been getting this too, if I sit crossed leg, bend forward, or after walking for a while.
Do you know anything that will ease it?
I'm glad someone else mentioned it, as i've been explaining it to hubby as bum pain, which he then explained sounds like sciatica, a better way of putting it me thinks!

Find it's sore to lie on my left side which unfortunately is how we're told to lie when we get bigger... I'll ask my mum if there's anything safe to take for the pain.

Glad to hear I'm not alone and I'll let you know what I find out xxx

I was suffering awful pain in my thigh a few weeks ago, lots of people suggested sciatica , my pain has now settled in calve and are new varcose veins ,lucky me , I hope yours is sciatica as I believe that's easier to treat good luck hope it improves soon. xx

EssJayPea - d'nt worry too much about the whole sleeping on the left hand side - its a reatively new piece of "advice" and one i've taken with a huge does of salt!!

You'll get to a stage where you just need to sleep so however it may be, left side or not, don't worry. My midwife or doctors have never mentioned this to me so like everything take what advice you feel comfortable with

EssJayPea - d'nt worry too much about the whole sleeping on the left hand side - its a reatively new piece of "advice" and one i've taken with a huge does of salt!!

You'll get to a stage where you just need to sleep so however it may be, left side or not, don't worry. My midwife or doctors have never mentioned this to me so like everything take what advice you feel comfortable with

Thanks babe. So much changing advice out there these days! X

I had it before pregnancy as I have a prolapsed disc sitting on my sciatic nerve, however its got much worse since being pregnany.

Best thing for it is stretching ... google stretches for lower back :)

Thanks babe. So much changing advice out there these days! X

There is but I'm a kinda common sense person who takes advice with a pinch if salt. I go in the fact that 30 years or so ago when my mum was having me and my sis there was none of this advice about and we're all still here and healthy!!

I had before I got pregnant and the pain has got worse as my bumps grown! Stretch as much as you can and if it's too painful as your go to refer you for physio

I get a tingly pain up my leg. It's kinda crampy, I call it "jumpy leg" and although I used to get it anyway it is more prominent now Im preggers.

I agree with the sleeping issue - I'd love to be able to sleep on my left all the time, but I often wake up on my back nowadays (which I never used to find comfy before... and don't find particularly comfy now, but in my dreams I must like it). Screw the advice!

My left arse cheek has been hurting for nearly a week, and if I walk too much it hurts all down the back of my leg too.

Hurts even when I'm laying down :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back