school run

lisa&alex

Reaction score
what time does everyone get up??

alex is home right now so i have an extra pair of hands... i think i will struggle when he goes back to work though... how do you all manage? do u have a routeen????

We are up at 5.30 everday anyway. I think 6.30 at the very latest would be enough time to get the babies ready. We used to have more of a struggle picking up from school when Nathan was younger cos he always wanted a feed at 3 o'clock.

FIVE THIRTY!!!?????

I get up at 8 or just before. :oops:

That's enough time for me to get the boys their breakfast, Brody stays in his sleepsuit and gets put in a snowsuit or whatever, then I leave at about 8.40, school is only 5 mins away so we have plenty of time to either walk or drive if the weather is bad.

One thing I found really helps since having Brody, is I make sure Mason is dressed BEFORE breakfast. That's shoes and everything. He can be such a slow eater, especially if watching a morning cartoon. It's his job to know where his bookbag is too, I hate hunting for stuff like his tie at the last minute.
This way its not a mad last minute dash for shoes and tie etc before we leave. Yes he may get a tiny bit of milk on his top, but it's a less stressful option for me so I don't mind!

Erm, 9:30 :oops: stephen doenst have pre school till 12ish so lots of time to get sorted and were never late out :D though with him starting school in september im going to have to sort out a better routine like up at 7 so im ging to have to get to bed early.

This isnt strictly what you asked about but for me to be at work for 9 and the kids up and dressed and up to my mums for 8.30 we get up about 7.

But, everything is ready the night before, clothes downstairs, babybag ready milk and snacks in the fridge. Mum gives them their breakfast.

lisa&alex said:
what time does everyone get up??

alex is home right now so i have an extra pair of hands... i think i will struggle when he goes back to work though... how do you all manage? do u have a routeen????

i get up at 6 - 6.30. i can get a load of washing on then on economy 7.
I have a routine in the morning. i feed myself and have a coffee coz if i don't i don't get time at all to do it and i need food in the morn :lol: Then i do hubbys sandwishes and the girls pack up.
Then I get the older two ready first - coz they have to wear uniform. Then i breakfast them all - do their hair. Then i get myself ready. Then the two little ones.
Then i listen to the older two read - sign their books etc.

I insist we are all in the car ready to go by 8.20. Im home by 8.45. Ready for bed :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back