The school run.

Urchin

Reaction score
I've only done the morning drop off twice since Brody's been here, as hubby's been off work for December.

Now hubby's back at work and I HATE THE SCHOOL RUN!

It wasn't too bad before, but now I feel so bad dragging Brody out in the freezing cold. I don't even really have to get up earlier or anything, I just pop him in a snowsuit and I'm off..... But struggling with the pushchair through the crowds of moms is really annoying, and I haven't even doin it in the rain YET.

:?

Urchin

I remember it well with my last one who is now Eleven...as I had take her three sisters and brothers to school. How an earth I did it then is a wonder as Im absolutely shattered now 24/7 and the thought of leaving the house every morning would send me in to despair. I used to literally drag her out of bed and put her snowsuit on too (and at the last minute too)

So lucky that they are all grown up and off on their own now...Phew.

Ragna xxxxxxxxxxx

Get this, I was really annoyed yesterday at a bunch of moms:

They were all standing in a big group chatting, blocking the whole pavement... which is fine... I just said "excuse me" but then 2 of them turned around and said "she's got a wheelchair" pointing to their friend, who indeed was pushing a girl in a wheelchair.
I didn't say anything but I was like "SO WHAT"? I didn't even ask the wheelchair lady to move, I was talking to the other moms who were standing talking to her. Even if I DID say excuse me to someone blocking the pavement with a wheelchair... what's wrong with that?
Was I supposed to just stand there in the freezing cold and wait for them to finish their conversation?
Some people are just WEIRD.

Aww, Urchin, I really feel for you, and all the other mums who have to struggle to do the school run. Is there another parent anywhere near you who could possibly help out for a few weeks? Maybe the school office could ask around for you?

And with regards to the wheelchair..... Why does a wheelchair take priority over a pushchair?? I'm afraid I would have been tempted to say something. Personally, I hated the school run with my daughter. :evil: Luckily I didn't have to do it much as she had a childminder in the morning, then my mum would pick her up at night. But when I did have to do it, the gossiping mums in their 4x4's and tracksuits drove me nuts!!!!!

I get on well with a few of the moms, but the one closest to my house is a childminder, so it would be cheeky to ask her to help out without paying, which would just be pointless waste of money.

I'll just have to get the hang of it again, it'll be fine in the summer, but I have a feeling they'll be lots of ice and snow before then :?

I am dreading it!!

At the moment I have this nice little idea in my head........

Baby wakes about 6-7am, feed change etc and then happy by 7.30 when the other two get up, I then have an hour to sort them with baby happy either asleep or in bouncy chair / sling etc, just after 8am I can always give the baby a bit of a top up if needed before we leave for school. I plan to walk with kids and dog so that he gets his walk as well, also I can actually leave later if we walk as we miss the fight for parking spaces. Come home from school run, feed and change baby if needed and then both go to sleep.

WHO AM I TRYING TO KID!!!! As if it will work how I want it to!!

Hubby is self employed and really busy. I have told him that as its third time round I am not too worried if he doesn't take 2 weeks off as I plan to sleep and chill out between 9 and three anyway. All I ask is that he does the school run for the first two weeks!! Not too much to ask I don't think!! :wink:

With baby due at the end of feb I am praying for a lovely sunny warm March!!

i know how u feel - i hate the school run too. Its make it worst coz i cant drive, so have to go out in all sorts of weather.

Kerry said:
I am dreading it!!

At the moment I have this nice little idea in my head........

Baby wakes about 6-7am, feed change etc and then happy by 7.30 when the other two get up, I then have an hour to sort them with baby happy either asleep or in bouncy chair / sling etc, just after 8am I can always give the baby a bit of a top up if needed before we leave for school. I plan to walk with kids and dog so that he gets his walk as well, also I can actually leave later if we walk as we miss the fight for parking spaces. Come home from school run, feed and change baby if needed and then both go to sleep.

WHO AM I TRYING TO KID!!!! As if it will work how I want it to!!

Hubby is self employed and really busy. I have told him that as its third time round I am not too worried if he doesn't take 2 weeks off as I plan to sleep and chill out between 9 and three anyway. All I ask is that he does the school run for the first two weeks!! Not too much to ask I don't think!! :wink:

With baby due at the end of feb I am praying for a lovely sunny warm March!!

I wake up at 7.30, feed Brody a little while still in bed, then get Mason up at about 7.45-8.00 He eats breakfast, then gets himself dressed.
I leave the house at 8.45, school for 9.00, then come back home. Haven't made it back to bed yet but might try that tomorrow... I just have to remember not to have a cup of coffee before we leave or I'll never have a nap. Brody is usually asleep buy the time we're back home so that part should be OK.

Fingers crossed for a nap tomorrow!

By the time Jessica goes to school I have told dh I want a house as close to the school as possible.

As for the wheelchair, the mouthy cow who wasnt even in the wheelchair can move and keep her trap shut.

Is a baby bjorn anymore help than a pram in the a.m? I like mine but I was a summer mum.

lauramum01 said:
As for the wheelchair, the mouthy cow who wasnt even in the wheelchair can move and keep her trap shut.

Hahaha I like it!

Is a baby bjorn anymore help than a pram in the a.m? I like mine but I was a summer mum.

Too much of a pain to get him out of the car seat and into the carrier, potentially in pouring rain :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back