mei tei help please!

fothers

Reaction score
I haven't used a mei tei before but was thinking of getting one.

How easy is it to put LO on your back and is it easy to do it yourself or do you need an extra pair of hands?

Complete mei tei virgin :oops:

It takes a little bit of practice but honestly not that much to get the hand of a backcarry without any help.
Its best to have someone around the first couple of times you try just so you feel safer which will give you more confidence. Also do it over a bed or the couch at first until you are sure of what you are doing.
With in a week of first using a MT i was putting Thea in a backcarry alone and she was only a few weeks old. Its not as hard as it looks honestly!

Hey hun i put my l/o in a back carry position for the very first time last week(and on my own). Tbh it wasn't anywhere near as hard as i thought it would be. And she loved being like it babbling away as we went.

The first time you put them on your back you think 'this will never work!' I did it sitting on the floor (too scared to stand up in case she fell) in front of a mirror. Baby finds it all hilarious. Now she actually helps me by hanging on - as soon as she sees me getting a mei tai out she scrambles over and starts climbing onto me :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back