scarlett fever

greendayrock

Reaction score
I took my 6 year old to the docs yesterday as he had a sore throat and the practice nurse looked at his throat and said he had tonsillits, the sore throat has gone but he started to develop a rash, the rash is on his neck chest back groin, bottom, under his arm pits and his cheeks are very red. The rash feels really rough. I heve been reading up and it sounds more like scarlett fever, but my docs is now shut, i have antibiotics for him but not sure if these are any good for scarlett fever. Has any body had any experience of scarlert fever that can help please.

cheers tracyxx

My son had scarlet fever about 6mths ago
He complained of a sore throat and developed a very high temperature he didnt have a rash as such but his skin around his cheeks neck and back was reddened and felt rough to touch

The doctor simply said to give calpol to reduce his temp and keep him cool an comfy as poss, it was only one day wen he was realli under the weather and then he perked up xxx

Hope your son feels better asap

cheers hun he is fine in hin self and the rash as carmed down a lot, phoned nhs direct yesterday and they said it sounds like scarlet fever and to take him back to docs to get more antibiotics. His skin is starting to peel round his chin area, his whole body feels really rough.

thanks againxxx

I work with little ones and we have had a few cases of this in the past. The children have to stay away from their school/preschool for 10 days from the start of the antibiotics. You are right, the rash is rough and they have a high temp and rash, sore throat but other than that its not really that serious but it is very contagious

hope he gets better soon xxxx

Thanks for your replies took him to the docs on monday and they confirmed that it is scarlet fever, he has more antibiotics and has to stay of school till monday.

thanks again.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back