flu in young children

Sammystar

Reaction score
Two of my three kids have been really poorly for over two weeks now. I have been to the docs a couple of times but today I was quite amazed when I was told by my GP that my children do not 'officially' have the flu.....apparently the 'flu' has not arrived in Switzerland this year.....officially.

The symptoms were as follows:

My 22 month old DS develops a high fever, rash, lethargy, and a cough.
I take him to the docs and I'm told it's a viral infection.
Three days later my four year old wakes up, refuses to get out of bed (too tired mummy), then vomits, sleeps for four hours, then seems to rally a bit.
Christmas Day my 22 month old has a severe croup attack (I had to call the emergency doctor because he was going blue). He has a temp of 39.9°c
Boxing Day I take my 22 month old to the emergency doctor and he's diagnosed with 'viral croup' given a steroid, and sent home.
The same day, my four year old takes herself off to bed at 6pm and when I go to check her at 7pm, has 38.7. fever.
The next day, my four year old doesn't MOVE off my bed (where I carried her) all day, except to go to the loo.
She develops red, sore, weepy eyes, and starts coughing.
My 22 month old, in the meantime, is able to breathe again, but refuses to eat a thing, and is losing weight (no fever)
He is producing more snot than I have ever seen in my life!
My DD, has now spent three days lying motionless, coughing, not eating, seeping eyes, tummy ache, sore legs, sore head, sore throat, sore ears.
......and this isn't the flu??

Tell me I'm going mad :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Why are they telling me this isn't flu? All the symptoms match!

As you no hun iv no advice to give but want to give you alll some massive hgus
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

did you intend to laugh Sarah or are they meant to be hugs??
:lol:

I've been chatting to some locals about this today and they say that the 'officials' (whoever they are) don't like to recognise when flu hits somewhere, in case it causes a panic!

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Well, my children have had the flu, I'm 100% sure of it. Whatever the docs say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back