Scarlett fever or chicken pox?

Ashley89

Reaction score
We rushed Ava into hospital this evening as she has slept all day and when she woke she was lifeless and limp raging temp and spots....we walked in was seen straight away and doctor told us its either scarlet fever or chicken pox I have no experience with either so any help would be appreciated I'm a mess as seeing her having a swab rammed down her throat was all to much for me! X

O has been poorly this week, Rash, d&v temp etc.
all id suggest is to try and keep her hydrated, little and often with water or juice.
O had a feberal convulsion because of the high temp so keep giving calpol/ibprofen to stop the fever getting to high.

its petrifying isnt it when theyre ill! xx
Using tapatalk can't see tickers

I broke down on the way to hospital at 6 and haven't been able to pull myself back I feel like I'm going to break down at anything. She's boiling so I've given her calpol before bed and I didn't know if I should wake her before I go to give her some more medicine its petrifying! X

Oh no so scary. I hope she's on the mend really soon xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry she's poorly honey. Big hugs. Hope she picks up soon x

Hope she feels better soon

Thank you both she's curled up in my arms after waking in a complete panic and I think we will be here a while! X

How horrible for you both. I hope she makes a speedy recovery the poor lamb.
Xxx

Poor little love. T didn't get a high temp when he had chicken pox. Does she have any liquid filled blisters? Xx

Poor little love. T didn't get a high temp when he had chicken pox. Does she have any liquid filled blisters? Xx

Nope nothing like that. I just don't know what to think as she hasn't got red cheeks which is one of the symptoms of Scarlett fever and her spots are not raised or blistered I think I will be back in hospital today for a second opinion she has slept since 11am yeterday morning and been awake for 4 hours at the most since in between she fell asleep at 7pm last night slept all night woke at 7.30 and has been sleeping since 8.15 refusing all food! Worried about her! X

Oh poor Ava. I'd maybe get her checked again today like you said just to be sure. Hope she's ok hun sending massive hugs its so awful when they are poorly!

Poor Ava!! Doesn't sound like chicken pox to me at all in my limited knowledge. I just hope she gets seen by someone who knows what they're looking at. Xx

Poor little thing!! Hope Ava feels better soon xx

Ashley, are the spots red and just appear on the skin, not raised? Where abouts are they on her body?

The reason I ask is because about 4 years ago, I got spots all over my arms, chest and face that weren't raised, liquid filled or blistered. I also lost my appetite completely and slept constantly. I had a high fever too. It lasted 3 days and I was fine after, absolutely fine. I did go to the doctors and they said I had got rubella somehow. If it is, don't worry, I had no long lasting effects from it.
However maybe you should go back and ask them to rule that out for you just in case?

I hope you get some answers and little Ava makes a very quick recovery.
Xxx

Hope everything's okay Hun. Massive cuddles to you all. Will be thinking of you's, keep us updated please! Xxx

Big hugs to you both. Poor wee lamb xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Poor Ava. Hope she starts to get better soon and that you find out what's wrong. Big hugs xxx

Still the same no none of the spots are raised she managed a few strawberries today but has pretty much slept all day she's drinking plenty of water and juice but no milk she will just throw the bottle I know the weather isn't helping her much either. I toke her back yesterday afternoon and he told me to keep an eye on her drinks intake if its half what it normally is then she will be admitted her intake is lower as she's sleeping more

The spots are over legs and arms I will be taking her to see the gp in the morning just for piece of mind the spots seem to be getting worse as the days go on! X ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373224995.332579.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373225021.281099.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back