Scared of the unknown.... :(

Pinklady85

Reaction score
Oh god im scared :cry: been reading in the new arrivals and the ladies storys about giving birth and now im just terrified .... ive never had major pain and last time i went hospital was wen i was born...

And also i dont seem to know much i know how to change a nappy... and a few other things .. i dont know how much to fed a baby .. when to put little shoes on a baby ... how to bath them ... when to feed... when to put to bed ....arghh :think:

Apart from the birth worries, dont sweat the rest. It all comes naturally, and you will be shown the rest. Id never bathed a baby before, but i was shown how to in teh hospital, and at anti-natal classes

As its yoru first, and you are so young, i really strongly suggest you go to anti-natal classes, they do teach you a lot

Yeah i was thinking of going to them would be pretty helpfull im going to get booked plus i have my mum she seems to know allot but i feel bad because i want to do it all not someone else .. so i think the classes wil go well. xx

As for the labour thing - lol im cacking it, as my other 2 deliveries were so traumatic! I have already had a panic attack thinking about it.

But everyone is different, and you have youth on your side. Just have a good talk to your m/w about all the options available to you. But remember, an epidural isnt an option for a home birth

Pinklady85 said:
Yeah i was thinking of going to them would be pretty helpfull im going to get booked plus i have my mum she seems to know allot but i feel bad because i want to do it all not someone else .. so i think the classes wil go well. xx

Definitely! I was 19 when i feel pregnant first time, and the classes were great for me. We were shown how to bath, feed and change a baby (all with real live babies, not dolls) I was fascinated by the mum who came in to breast feed for us, and that made me determined to do it.

I had no idea how to prepare formula milk when I had Tia... She needed top up milk and I friend had to show me how... If you don't know how to do something, just ask.. As your mum and sister have both had children, they should be able to help you once the baby is born....then you just get used to it... :hug: Don't fret the small stuff like that....

Awww im sorry to hear that i hope u have an easier birth this time round.

Im looking on the net now for classes near by me... would be good to get used to it becasue im gonna feel crap if i dont know what to do but i supose everyone has been the same position as me .. xx

the NCT run classes, but your hospital and/or Dr surgery shold run them too

Plus your mum can be your best advisor (and worst enemy lol) when it comes to your baby xx

Hiya

Dont worry about the little things - they will come to u ;)

If it wasn't for my sister having a baby last year I wouldn't know anything at all! Ask people questions if u are stuck - they wont mind answering.

U will be fine :hug:

Im goind docs monday so ill ask him for some information on classes.

Im scared but then again excited to know all the new things.. xx

Don't worry about labour, although it hurts it's not the same kind of pain as breaking a bone, it's more because you're bodies working so hard. Remember your body was designed for this. When the time comes you're go into automatic and you'll know what to do it's like an animal instinct.

As for looking after a newborn baby, that comes naturally too, plus you'll have people to help. It sounds as if your family are being supportive, plus your midwife will be around everyday for the first few days to answer any questions.

I'm going to anti natal classes myself as it's been a while since I've had a baby to look after and I think I need to refresh my mind :D

I wa sthinking about going to them too. My other girls are 7 & 5, plus this is my partners 1st child, so it would be nice to go together, as i dont always want to be looking over his shoulder, or criticsing what he is doing with the baby.

I'm in a similar position, my OH and I split up when I was 4 months pregnant last time, and didn't get back together until James was 3 months old so he missed out on most of the pregnancy, the birth and the first couple months.

i'm a bit scared, but I think you sort of distance yourself from it- plus a womans body is made for it! x

Just dont watch the birth programes on the sky channels - they will only make you feel worse!

You will be fine hun, and your hospital might have a young mum club - mine does and that would be great for you! I never go into tri 3 - its too scary in there, i just take it as it comes!

I watched loads of those the first time round and I think it helped me prepare for it mentally. I used to love baby ER, I used to sit and cry at that

I scared myself silly with them, but thinking about it, it was during pregnancy #2, so i knew what was coming & was just getting myself into a state.

I have also been a birth partner to my frined, and i swear she just popped the baby out! No screaming, no pain relief, nothing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back