scared!

x-kirsty-x

Reaction score
Ok I'll say sorry in advance incase people think Im worrying too much or whatever!

Anyway, I've got an appointment at the doctors tomorrow to confirm my pregnancy but in the meantime Im really scared that somethings going to go wrong or something like last time. How do I stop myself thinking the worst all the time?

I know Im probably just being silly but I honestly feel so scared that this pregancy may not last. It would help if I could work my dates out but I cant even do that yet! :(

aww hun,im like that myself,so want to get a scan so that i can see things,as soon as i can see everythings okay i know i'll feel soo much better :hug:

I feel exactly the same way even though I've never been in your shoes Kirsty.

For me I think its my medical background, so many women assume pregnancy is a-b totally straightforward and risk free.

Realism is sensible, but feeling positive about it is probably better for your pg.

Good luck!

I am also going to Dr tomorrow!

What happens at your first appointment? I cant remember anything cos its been 4 years! I know the doctor refers you to the midwife but she doenst see you til 10 weeks or summit does she?? :?

have you told them its for first antenatal as i went and i had to rebook a double appointment,they will do your bp etc ask what hospital and note down previous births and problems etc well thats at my surgery,i also got my green notes,and ive just realised everyone i know got nice covers for them ive got a scabby clear plastic wallet :roll:

If you have been thru mc in the past its impossible not to worry, Ive had 4 mc over the last few years 1 of them was ectopic. So I know how difficult it can be.
I do have 3 healthy children though too ! and currently expecting my 4th, with this one ive done nothing but worry, I even booked a private scan for 6 weeks as reassurance, but had to cancel due to a bleed and needing emergency scan at local EPU, turned out I lost a twin but still have healthy bean hanging on in there.
There is so much that can go wrong in early pregnancy and well informed ladies do worry, sometimes knowing too much of what can go wrong could be a bad thing...
There is no easy way to not worry, but thinking positive and taking each day as it comes and deal with things as they happen seems to work for me at the moment, soon as you get a scan and see your bean waving at you it will put your mind at ease. If you can afford a private one then id recommend that for peace of mind if nothing else.

Mysty :)

I would complain lol :lol:

No I havent told them actually, I think I'll ring them now and let them know. Its my last appointment at that surgery, after tomorrow I have to register with one nearer to home! I really cant be bothered with the hassle but never mind :roll:

x-kirsty-x said:
No I havent told them actually, I think I'll ring them now

Me neither...

So I just phoned the surgery and got told off by the receptionist (like I should have known I needed a double appointment!). Now I'vebeen put back the Friday 13th...

Not superstitious me. lol

its normal to worry hun, im having nightmares and real trouble sleeping, not nice, hopefully getting a scan will put our troubled minds at ease. good luck with docs. :hug:

Tattooed Lady said:
[quote="x-kirsty-x":2kc0n3z3]

Me neither...

So I just phoned the surgery and got told off by the receptionist (like I should have known I needed a double appointment!). Now I'vebeen put back the Friday 13th...

Not superstitious me. lol[/quote:2kc0n3z3]

That makes 2 of us going on that day, i'm booked at the doctors at 9.30am.

Well I did ring and said its my first appointment and the receptionist just said if confirming the pregnancy is all I want to do I can just drop a sample in and theres no need to see the doctor but I said I still want to just to ask about my dates and things.

So who knows when I'll get my booking in appointment?? :?

with my doctors i just phoned and booked myself in with the midwife seen her at 5 weeks and then she came to the house a few weeks later to do all the booking in forms etc xxxxxxx

oldermum said:
Tattooed Lady said:
[quote="x-kirsty-x":1e56r7el]

Me neither...

Not superstitious me. lol

That makes 2 of us going on that day, i'm booked at the doctors at 9.30am.[/quote:1e56r7el]

I'll be thinking of you then! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back