scared and anxious

brand new

Reaction score
hi. I've been looking at this part of the site but I've never posted in here. the reasons are im totally embarrassed as well as being super scared. i will explain why.
I am 29 years old and i have been with my partner 12 years. we were only trying for a baby for 3 months before i got my BFP. we were obviously super happy and excited at the fact it had all happened so quick. i went to the doctors, then had my first MW appointment, and this is when my nerves kicked in big time. And the reason is i have a super high and totally embarrassing BMI.(just put it this way , i am classed as super obese!!) i am so embarrassed by the number i won't even tell you but the MW obviously put me forward for dual care under a consultant. i was prepared for this as i had done some research online and i know this is the norm if u have a raised BMI.
I am still so anxious that my size will cause problems for my baby. I am being careful with what i eat my even still i feel like I've let my OH and my baby down. Especially if anything does happen to my baby.
I'm really sorry for the rant but i am so scared, anxious and feel like a right twat!! It doesn't really help that my male line manager at work keeps telling me that i need to start losing weight as my size could harm my baby. xxxx :cry: :cry: :oops:

I was shocked to when they told me my bmi was 39 Hun but baby is there they will give you more scans go swimming and walk when you can as dieting is not good just eat little meals and as for your boss I would go over his head cause that is bullying in the work place when I was pregnant with my 5 year my boss was an arse to I had to go on the sick the last 11 weeks as I had liver problems but nothing to do with weight just my liver not good when I'm pregnant just waiting to see if I get the same thing xx

You can use slimming world to lose weight during pregnancy. There is a support thread on here. The advice used to be not diet and not gain too much weight, but that has changed and they can actively help you lose weight whilst pregnant. I was in the obese category and managed to get down to overweight during tri 1.

It can help you learn to eat healthily and lose weight alongside gentle exercise. Hope this helps. X

My BMI is in the 40's my love. And this baby is my 5th. I have been really lucky in that my size has never been a major issue in my previous pregnancies. Sadly, in this pregnancy, I have had some negative comments from sonogrophers, so much so that I put in a formal complaint.

I suffer with high blood pressure towards the end of my pregnancies and I have had pre-eclampsia in 3 of them, but only right at the end of 3rd Tri. I have had glucose tolerance tests with my pregnancies, mainly because of my BMI and also because both my sister and daughter are type 1 diabetics. I have been found to have perfect sugar levels in all my pregnancies.

My size has not affected my ability to have a natural delivery. I have had a c-section only due to a cord prolapse. In fact I labour really well and the baby passes through my birth canal without issue because I have very curvy hips.

Please, try not to worry about your weight or your BMI. The major plus side of having a BMI is that you will be monitored a lot more than normal size mummy's which will give you peace of mind later on in the pregnancy.

If you do want to lose weight, then the easiest thing to do is not eat any more than you were pre-pregnancy. My appetite doesn't change when I'm pregnant and I always end up weighing less after delivery than I did when I conceived. There is also Slimming World, which the lady above mentioned. The main thing is not to eat for two. Just carry on as you were and try not to eat too much crap but the odd treat once a week won't do any harm. xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back