Feeling anxious - dont know why!

lisaspoon

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

sorry for the moan, but i'm feeling a bit anxious about everything at the moment....
Firstly - Its been nearly two weeks and still havent had my downs/spina bif blood results back...
Secondly - what I thought was movement in the beginning was probably wind as its got less and less and still havent feel bubs kick (i know i'm still early as its my first but its still makes me anxious)......

i dont know why i've got myself in a state about this, I've got another 2 weeks to wait until my 20week scan..... I guess I just want to see bubs and know everything is ok :cry:

sorry for the winge :oops:

Don't be sorry, what you are feeling is completely natural :hug: . I would guess that as you haven't heard back about your downs/spina that it is good news, they would be more inclined to call you straight away if it was a bad result.

I was feeling really anxious for a while as it seemed like everyone's baby was kicking away and mine wasn't, I mentioned it to my consultant and she told me not to worry, she said that I should start to expect some movement between 22 and 26 weeks. I have started feeling movement now, but some days are a lot quieter than others.

All the feelings you are feeling are completely normal, I know I've been feeling them too. :hug:

Thanks Bexie :hug: :hug: :hug:
I know what you mean about everybodys baby is kicking apart from yours! But I guess I forget that this is my first and for the others, its their 2, 3rd or even 4th!

Believe me even hasving the amount i have had you still get anxious, its a natural thing to want to know everything is ok.
Im sure it will all be fine :hug:

We all go through these feelings first it is when is baby going to kick and then you get used to feeling it and start thinking oh have I felt it today? as you are so used to it you don' notice as much. Then you start counting kicks and worrying there aren't as many as the previous day! I am sorry hun it will probably go on through the whole pregnancy but it is normal we all turn into worriers when we carry something so precious :hug:

18 weeks is still really to early to feel baby so dont worry about that and secondly no news is good news if you had test results to worry about you would of heard within a couple of days from the test.

its completely natural to be stessed and worried preganancy is a worrying time we have all been there.

have you tried calling you midwife to chase up your results?

thanks girsl :hug:

not contacted midwife yet .... will wait the full 2 weeks and then will phone i think :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back